Let's get a real km to belt usage tally

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I believe this is probably why the comment was made, but yes.......... stats only please. Iknew keeping this thread on track was impossible hahaha

"This sled is a beauty. Gentle kms with not a lot of WOT. Very clean and well maintained. Never smashed nor damaged. Stored inside in a heated shop.

Basically, a stock 3" 174. Electric start and stock pull start, skid plate, stock scratchers, spare belt (brand new), spare plugs (brand new), screen kit, BRP extreme cover, TheThing cooker can and the stock BRP silencer, 3" RSI riser and the stock BRP riser, all the stock tools, wrap ready, and all the other stock items of an X model like heated grips, thumb warmer, X gauge package and X shocks. Heavy duty rear bumper and hitch are available for a slight extra cost.

Warranty for another year and a quarter, until December of 2017 and the kms are sitting at 4450. That is deceiving as these kms have not been abusive nor aggressive. Touring a lot of flatlanders around the Elk Valley and looking for them when they are stuck in the trees."

Assaultn?
Old fernie just ate a bad shrimp . Lol
Lighten up Fernie it was a joke to see if anyone would catch what I was laying down . Lol
assaultn is on his game.
Cheers guys and let's get back on topic.
Sorry for derail .

Well, I'm guessing your joke worked because it got two fish out of the pond! :rollinglaugh:

Back on topic and have a great day pf1572 and assaultn!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
from what I can see on the brp site, they are the same.... #417300391

but only Gates has the listing for an 850 so far... nothing from Dayco?
the Gates # is the same for an 850 as an Etec 800 summit xm

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gah, this scares me more than the belt issues.
Due for a new sled next season and I really wanted to buy a 850 but I am gonna need to see some explaining from skidoo on how they are rectifying all of these weak spots.
Ya I was in the same boat, my 14 xm warranty is done now

So it was either 3000 more km on a 8000 km sled and would need a top end again after this year, or buy a left over 16 T3 174 sp for cheap o.t.d with 3 year warranty, and let brp get there poop in a group and get the g4 figured out

Bought the t3, at 4500 cheaper than a g4, and that pretty much made it for me to be able to keep the old 2010 xp buffalo for my kid to ride, and not need cash from sale of it

sent while drinking tea's

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Building a case will real facts goes a lot further in getting something done about it. Plenty other threads for you to be a crying bitch on!

Crying bitch haha.

I'm not the one that started a thread cause my machine is eating belts like Oprah.

Build a survey monkey if you want actuall data.........

If you can figure out how.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DRD

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh.... Did my thread get the little bitch all rattled? You want a survey? As easy as that would be to put together, you couldn't even follow the minimal task of what was asked on this thread so I'm afraid you might be lost in that process as well. HAHAHA It's alright little fella;). You just keep trying to colour between the lines and keep the crayons outta your nose.

Over and out folks.

Crying bitch haha.

I'm not the one that started a thread cause my machine is eating belts like Oprah.

Build a survey monkey if you want actuall data.........

If you can figure out how.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thread has now progressed to name calling and insults. If BRP is watching this thread they are now laughing so hard at grown men calling each other names that Brp is spitting out their French baguettes!
Its OK.

I am sure he isn't a jerk in real life.

He's just stressed out his machine isn't working so he feels the need to yell at people​ on the internet.

Just hopefully he doesn't go home and give his old lady or man a couple black eyes cause he is having a bad day.

And I am sorry I didn't realize I was dealing with a serious statistical analysis, I only read the last 4 or so pages which was full of banter.

snowhunter

Reaction score
I've only got 200km on my original belt but I did notice after first ride belt was set where I would normally set it in secondary but had far to much deflection adjusted to a more proper deflection which brought belt far higher then I would normally have it but rode the crap out of it today and no problems .....not calling out the people grenading belts just curios if proper deflection could be more important on these models....after first ride my primary looked sanded because of belt slip and belt slip causes catastrophic failure...not trying to hijack thread just curios mostly I've owned belt eaters from other brands over the year and it sucks just hoping this gets rectified quickly

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many of these sleds are using the pre filter kit from brp? These sled must have venting to remove the underhood heat. And yes the clutches get hot. If u want to use the prefilter kit do not put it on the hood vent. Those filters do block airflow. I have vented all my brp products including our can ams. And have had no issues from that point on. The last time I used those prefilters was spring riding on the Xp and was horrified when I opened the side panels and felt the heat in the engine compartment. I ripped all the front prefilters off. my new 2018 will have all the foam and sound panels removed and a vent kit installed before it's first ride. Brp will have a vent kit for the 850 by then. Let it snow!

Top Bottom