Let the Predictions start, What's in for 2023??

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
S
id be surprised if you can get your name on a snow check G5 turbo at the end of the month
Some people will back out next year just like this year, was not hard to find one when I thought the Boost was going to be a no show.
There are lots of people on the price limit that may cancel as jobs vanish and cost of living continues to skyrocket.
If you have a family it's gonna get a lot tougher to throw away 28k.
One year warranty though on a take over.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For Yamaha … I’m not holding my breath even though I’m a die hard. I predict they will introduce the 998 Rmax in stock & turbo trim that will be I guess compelling to the east. As for mountain segment maybe re-deploy the winder with some changes which lots of people enjoy. For the 2 stroke this is who the heck knows… I would be more than shocked if they release a turbo on the 800 CTEC… the 800 CTEC is very underrated In NA form but this motor makes the best power with after market turbos this is fact just extremely sensitive to tunning due to placement of injectors however this is being corrected by one manufacturer.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have spent time on Aftermarket big bores, and aftermarket turbos, they are not in the same league as a factory turbo, I have never been on a boost yet but I expect it’s just a good as the 2020.5 doo in their first year of growing pains.

Back In the day, a Good running big bore would kill a aftermarket turbo in the trees. Now I’m on a Big bore and turbo from the factory in the same package.

30-40hp less is still a loss at altitude without cramming some PSI down it’s intake. I don’t care how big the displacement is.

These factory turbos are very well refined, a factory 900 will not be in the same league as a aftermarket Big bore.

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For Yamaha … I’m not holding my breath even though I’m a die hard. I predict they will introduce the 998 Rmax in stock & turbo trim that will be I guess compelling to the east. As for mountain segment maybe re-deploy the winder with some changes which lots of people enjoy. For the 2 stroke this is who the heck knows… I would be more than shocked if they release a turbo on the 800 CTEC… the 800 CTEC is very underrated In NA form but this motor makes the best power with after market turbos this is fact just extremely sensitive to tunning due to placement of injectors however this is being corrected by one manufacturer.
Mid January I had 2 turbo Doo's compliment of my buddy Derek at Banner over a two day span, I put put them to good use. We had them out at Eagles and Boulder with an Alpha turbo. The Ctech was most impressive, it ended up being what we were trying to matchup too. That sled is an absolute blast to toy with over the Doo.
Rumor has it that Cat has a whole new platform for 2023, we will see if that is true. Only a fool would discredit Cat right now, just wait, I do not know.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mid January I had 2 turbo Doo's compliment of my buddy Derek at Banner over a two day span, I put put them to good use. We had them out at Eagles and Boulder with an Alpha turbo. The Ctech was most impressive, it ended up being what we were trying to matchup too. That sled is an absolute blast to toy with over the Doo.
Rumor has it that Cat has a whole new platform for 2023, we will see if that is true. Only a fool would discredit Cat right now, just wait, I do not know.

As far as Cat and Yamaha go, they are a distant memory. They have proven to disappoint their loyal customers with a outdated chassis, and poor clutches. The engine and track on the other hand are extremely impressive.

I really hope your correct Lund, those companies need something new and exciting.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what ever yammacat is brewing up is going to be Epic. They are way in the distance, but I think its because Yamaha isn’t satisfied with the QC yet. They Won’t release it until its perfect. But when they do, Its gonna be awesome. Its either that or they completely gave up and went home. No middle ground.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can now all be the old guys sittin' on the porch in a rocking chair with a Lucky Lager telling the young-uns "when I was young, new snow checks used to show up at Halloween". haha

If you were waiting on a snow check this year chances are you missed the best snow of the season.

Dont sell your old sled until the new one shows up i guess!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you were waiting on a snow check this year chances are you missed the best snow of the season.

I'd be pissed if I was still waiting on a sled that just dropped in value more because of the updated platform. I wonder if the $1000 dollar deposit would be worth walking away from due to depreciation at this point if the dealership wasn't willing to move it forward to the '23 models.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you think with the G5 platform the G4 will hold value as high as it’s been? I would think for the dudes that are going to have credit on both will be itching to dump the g4. Thinking buyers market for those.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be pissed if I was still waiting on a sled that just dropped in value more because of the updated platform. I wonder if the $1000 dollar deposit would be worth walking away from due to depreciation at this point if the dealership wasn't willing to move it forward to the '23 models.

I think on a brand new unit you should beable to get your money back.

I wouldnt be checking another one though

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think with the G5 platform the G4 will hold value as high as it’s been? I would think for the dudes that are going to have credit on both will be itching to dump the g4. Thinking buyers market for those.

No theyre will be some deals i think.

I think used prices will remain strong, but some of these are 6 year old sleds now.

The turbo 2020.5 is 4 model years old now.

Ill be looking at used turbos in july.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We can now all be the old guys sittin' on the porch in a rocking chair with a Lucky Lager telling the young-uns "when I was young, new snow checks used to show up at Halloween". haha
OMG, snow checks, what was that?
They didn't exist, you got what they had on the floor or nothing. Watch who you consider young-uns.
Hell 90% of S&M members have no clue what real winters were like and what deep snow is, that stopped 30+yrs ago, way before this forum was even thought up. This sport will be obsolete in another 30yrs and I wont be around to care.

Top Bottom