Let the Predictions start, What's in for 2023??

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I don't do, is agree with most of Burandt ideas of sleds, but I 100% agree with that statement he made above ^^^^
Anyone who has experience low boost or any boost sooner or later realizes N/A is better suited for the masses, ESPECIALLY with the current tree riding trend out there. N/A and BB are the right tool, not boost for tree riding. But hey the minions are following the cookie crumbs.
Now in more open country, like the land of Valemount and Pemberton boost is nice.
Only thing I experienced with boost is I want more boost. Sure turbo lag makes it harder to ride in the trees but now a days the turbo lag on the new machines isn't noticeable enough, nothing a half decent rider cant overcome that's for sure. Cant say I ride with anyone that wants an NA over a turbo, but most the guys can ride. Maaaaybe if I rode as many days as Burandt I would prefer an NA on days where I was guiding or something but us guys who chase the deep snow and only get 5-6 trips in a season want the power and as much as we can have.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D982769C-4275-415E-B3AE-4D67509F3FEB.jpeg
36E0D6EA-E9FC-4954-9E87-C4D3CF17F5B4.jpeg
Yikes! Works both ways I guess?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan your a tech tree rider much more so then I, its not my style.
BB are proven low and mid is superior to a boost setup, no matter what. If Polaris pulls out a BB for 2023 they will own technical tree riding while still having a boost model for those in the backcountry.
Technical tree riding has nothing todo with overall HP but all todo with torque in the low and mid sections.
The area BB are much better doing then boost.
It would be an extremely smart marketing move on Polaris with capturing both segments with appropriate models.
Great post to bring up.
Anyone who truly has experience with both BB and boost knows the advantage and disadvantage of both, only a hot air factory brain washed sales wannabe would believe any different.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BB are proven low and mid is superior to a boost setup, no matter what. If Polaris pulls out a BB for 2023 they will own technical tree riding while still having a boost model for those in the backcountry.
It would be an extremely smart marketing move on Polaris with capturing both segments with appropriate models.
Great post to bring up.
Anyone who truly has experience with both BB and boost knows the advantage and disadvantage of both, only a hot air factory brain washed sales wannabe would believe any different.

this statement just proves you have spent ZERO time on a factory boost machine. The midrange pull on a skidoo factory turbo is incredible, far superior to any big bore. Sure an NA engine is going to have slightly better bottom end right out of the hole but that's where it ends ( and im talking microseconds here ). And it certainly wouldn't be a Polaris bottom end, the factory turbo skidoo has a better bottom end response than the Polaris NA 850.

you neeed to throw away what you thought about turbos from 10 years ago. Its 2022, things are different and these new machines are phenomenal and yes even in the trees.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Technical tree riding has nothing todo with overall HP but all todo with torque in the low and mid sections.
The area BB are much better doing then boost.
Great post to bring up.

Are you telling me or maybe responding to Sean?

I didn’t say anything about turbos but I do agree with Sean that factory turbos are not the turbos of yesterdays aftermarket world. I am not a Doo guy anymore but they work extremely well in all terrain and having ridden a number of them in the same situations I ride my NA sled it has its advantages.

I haven’t had a chance to ride the Boost but anyone I know who has one that rides similar terrain loves it. They will only get better.

Really I can get by with a NA for almost all our riding %98 of the winter without feeling I need a turbo. If Polaris drops a 900+ cc option that is at or above 175hp I would have a hard time justifying the price difference today for a Boost not to say I wouldn’t enjoy it.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you telling me or maybe responding to Sean?

I didn’t say anything about turbos but I do agree with Sean that factory turbos are not the turbos of yesterdays aftermarket world. I am not a Doo guy anymore but they work extremely well in all terrain and having ridden a number of them in the same situations I ride my NA sled it has its advantages.

I haven’t had a chance to ride the Boost but anyone I know who has one that rides similar terrain loves it. They will only get better.

Really I can get by with a NA for almost all our riding %98 of the winter without feeling I need a turbo. If Polaris drops a 900+ cc option that is at or above 175hp I would have a hard time justifying the price difference today for a Boost not to say I wouldn’t enjoy it.
I was agreeing with you.
Other then the 2023, I have spent time on the newer boost. A BB is a no brainer when your tree humping and saving weight.
Going to miss your company in the land Vale soon Danny, I still have a spot.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m waiting to see what Arctic Cat has
My prediction is a supercharger kit from speedwerx similar to to what Yamaha use to do with the dealer installed turbos. They also narrowed the clutch’s so the panel can be moved in like a new chassis. If there is no major advancements I predict that I will drink the doolaid and try and find a G5 summit x turbo

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m waiting to see what Arctic Cat has
My prediction is a supercharger kit from speedwerx similar to to what Yamaha use to do with the dealer installed turbos. They also narrowed the clutch’s so the panel can be moved in like a new chassis. If there is no major advancements I predict that I will drink the doolaid and try and find a G5 summit x turbo
id be surprised if you can get your name on a snow check G5 turbo at the end of the month

Top Bottom