Let the Predictions start, What's in for 2023??

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris would be smart to bring a larger bore NA sled to market. The low elevation guys haven't had anything new in a while and there are a lot more flat land sleds sold than mountain units.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris would be smart to bring a larger bore NA sled to market. The low elevation guys haven't had anything new in a while and there are a lot more flat land sleds sold than mountain units.
Is there a trail version of the Boost? Not that familiar with their trail sleds.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a trail version of the Boost? Not that familiar with their trail sleds.
No. Doo and Poo haven't given the east anything since the 850's came out in terms of more power.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They ran a 900 NA on the hill climb circuit last year with the Boost. Seems odd to offer a 900 but for someone who doesn’t want the price tag of a turbo, or the weight and feels they don’t need a turbo and if it’s 4 year warranty, they would have the current highest power NA production sled.

The reports is that the Patriot is 165hp give or take a few, and displacement is up 7% or whatever it will be, power wise it might make upwards of 175hp. For most guys riding 4500-6500’ it would be a nice bump. And remember it’s 60cc as it’s currently a 840.

Carls uses Polaris pistons in their 900’s so the parts already are out there working.

Run it for two years then offer it on the boost when sales dip. It’s a good time to be sledders. Delivery issues aside when has there been more options and manufacturers pushing r&d further than in the last 10 years.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Burandt has been buttering fan boys up for a big bore for years with his custom builds. Not to mention this year saying that he thinks NA is better for most riders.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Doo would have released a 900 Etec yesterday it would have been bragged about.

if it worked sure. the 800 to 850 worked better than any big 880 or 860 i ever had. If it comes from the manufacturers level its usually better as they can refine the entire package from the crank up, right to the clutch and calibrations.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Burandt has been buttering fan boys up for a big bore for years with his custom builds. Not to mention this year saying that he thinks NA is better for most riders.
One thing I don't do, is agree with most of Burandt ideas of sleds, but I 100% agree with that statement he made above ^^^^
Anyone who has experience low boost or any boost sooner or later realizes N/A is better suited for the masses, ESPECIALLY with the current tree riding trend out there. N/A and BB are the right tool, not boost for tree riding. But hey the minions are following the cookie crumbs.
Now in more open country, like the land of Valemount and Pemberton boost is nice.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They ran a 900 NA on the hill climb circuit last year with the Boost. Seems odd to offer a 900 but for someone who doesn’t want the price tag of a turbo, or the weight and feels they don’t need a turbo and if it’s 4 year warranty, they would have the current highest power NA production sled.

The reports is that the Patriot is 165hp give or take a few, and displacement is up 7% or whatever it will be, power wise it might make upwards of 175hp. For most guys riding 4500-6500’ it would be a nice bump. And remember it’s 60cc as it’s currently a 840.

Carls uses Polaris pistons in their 900’s so the parts already are out there working.

Run it for two years then offer it on the boost when sales dip. It’s a good time to be sledders. Delivery issues aside when has there been more options and manufacturers pushing r&d further than in the last 10 years.
Do you know what piston they are using? I haven't seen an 88 mm Polaris piston from the factory. Everyone that I know of building the 900s and 909s are using aftermarket pistons.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know what piston they are using? I haven't seen an 88 mm Polaris piston from the factory. Everyone that I know of building the 900s and 909s are using aftermarket pistons.

It’s been a few years of being told it was a Polaris piston and was reminded again today it’s a Polaris piston.

Now that could just be a carry over of old info as Carl’s used to use separate jugs for their 900 kit and now uses a mono block, so they have changed somethings for sure.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing I don't do, is agree with most of Burandt ideas of sleds, but I 100% agree with that statement he made above ^^^^
Anyone who has experience low boost or any boost sooner or later realizes N/A is better suited for the masses, ESPECIALLY with the current tree riding trend out there. N/A and BB are the right tool, not boost for tree riding. But hey the minions are following the cookie crumbs.
Now in more open country, like the land of Valemount and Pemberton boost is nice.

are you high?

Top Bottom