Let the Predictions start, What's in for 2023??

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard few times from different people that the doo is getting an upgrade in the tunnel/track/skid department. Likely 15" wide and no (rear) cooling. Possibly some plastics to go with the 34" front end. To me it's similar to the changes the Matryx got over the Axys and I bet doo will treat it something like the XP-XM and run with it for a few years before anything major in the powertrain/chassis again.
Supposedly they are in town right now working on clutching.

What I would like to see from doo personally, is better serviceability, especially out in the field. The poo's can have the plastics off with almost no tools and plugs changed in a few minutes. Meanwhile, even after pulling about a dozen screws and several wiring plugs to get the hood off, it looks similar to the underhood of a new superduty.
I was pretty interested in a fancy gauge, but after finding a decent gps that works for sledding, I like the idea of being able to remove it easily and also not being being stuck replacing a very expensive part in case of an abrupt interaction with a tree.
Skidoo wasn't designed for failure like the POO. I ride with at least a dozen other doo guys, and not one has ever said "man these things are hard to work on". I haven't changed a spark plug since 2010. I'm surprised POO even put plastic on at all with all the crap they have failing. As for the fancy gauge, buy a Trail tech and use it on all your toys.

I highly doubt they are going to change the track width. There are thousands and thousands of these sleds sold with 16 wide to people that like 16 wide. The only people I know that don't like them are POO owners.

:skidoo:

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! It seems to me I’ve seen blown up doo’s also. If it’s man made it’s junk. Every manufacturer uses ideas and patents from the others. Some have a Canadian government protecting them. ie: doo and cat over the chassis, but that lawsuit only held in Canada. We need each and every manufacturer to advance the machines we ride. Doo has had their bombs too.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, skidoo has had their share of crap. but, they have been pretty good since 2019. Turbos have been working pretty awesome for an out of the crate sled, compared to the boost release. It doesn't matter how much power you have or weight you save if they don't hold together.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok lets let all of the recalls, stop sale/stop ride orders, and back ordered parts do the talkin.... The Polaris sled works good, they're just built like junk. meant to keep light, narrow etc but ALWAYS at a cost. RELIABILITY

I wanted the matryx turbo slash boost to work good and stay together. I honestly did, but yet again... They're junk. they work good but man they need some help in the long term.

Screenshot-96.png

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok lets let all of the recalls, stop sale/stop ride orders, and back ordered parts do the talkin.... The Polaris sled works good, they're just built like junk. meant to keep light, narrow etc but ALWAYS at a cost. RELIABILITY

I wanted the matryx turbo slash boost to work good and stay together. I honestly did, but yet again... They're junk. they work good but man they need some help in the long term.
Its possible Doo caught Poo by surprise with the 2020.5 release more than we think and rushed their project in quicker than they wanted? Hard to say unless someone knows someone on the inside but I'm sure any issues they have this year will be rectified for next year.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its possible Doo caught Poo by surprise with the 2020.5 release more than we think and rushed their project in quicker than they wanted? Hard to say unless someone knows someone on the inside but I'm sure any issues they have this year will be rectified for next year.
100% they will get it sorted for 2023, and I'm sure its going to spank the 2022 doo. Soo, the question is what's Doo going to Doo for 2023?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

they were still trying to figure out the boost matryx in late spring 2021....so yea. Pants were down

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'd like to see, I love my Lynx so Maybe Lynx 3900 with 3" lugs and Turbo???. I'm a Doo/Lynx guy for sure and that's what I'll be looking at next week, but I love competition. That's what makes our sport better every year!

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Screenshot-96.png
This means nothing. Typical find something on the internet that validates your opinion and run with it. It doesn't say anything about which OHVs (sleds, quads, side by sides, bikes). And it doesn't say anything about how many units sold for how many recalls or which OHVs were recalled. If 50 out of 55 Polaris recalls were for Sportsman quads, and 11 out of 12 BRP recalls were for snowmobiles, what does that say? Or what if there were 5 recalls on one low selling model like a base 300 quad from Kawasaki? That would be close to 30% of the total recalls all on one model, but might only account for 5% total OHV unit sales for Kawi. I think we can all agree that the older Dragon era 800s were garbage, but there was never a recall for those. On a snowmobile discussion, this graph has 24 manufacturers listed but only 4 produce snowmobiles.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha gotcha Chris!

BUUUT you're on a Pro Assault with a chain..... and maybe a Fix Kit?
I don't understand your comment, Aaron. I am on old iron. 4600 kms, with a fix kit. No recalls though.

I don't like the meaningless graph and sorry if you don't like that I was contradicting your opinion that Polaris is junk, here on Doo and Mud. :LOL:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanna see the centre mount turbo on an alpha - maybe put a Tapp primary on it - crank it to 10lbs - bud that would be my next sled

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Return of the 4 stroke, that will be the next step to keep emission limits satisfied.

I think the 900 ace turbo will go on a diet and wind up in a Summit.

But I'm not confident we will see many changes this year, hopefully for MY 2024.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Screenshot-96.png
Recalls and I've never even heard of most of these makers so they sell very little product. Polaris probably has the highest sale of ofrv in north America but yes they are built poorly.

Top Bottom