Large Avalanche in McBride - Renshaw Jan 29 - 17 involved - 5 Passed RIP

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
A sad sad day for the snowmobile community....

Condolences to the families, friends and to all involved

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP. Condolences to the freinds and family. May you lean on each and every one of us in your time of need. We are all here for you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
A very sad day for McBride and the Entire Sledding Community :( My thoughts and condolences go out to all of the Friends and Families of the victims and to all the Emergency Responders that work so hard. RIP and may you forever have fresh powder. Ride safe everyone.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The McBride RCMP will be providing a media availability with updates on the fatal avalanche incident which occurred Friday afternoon in the Renshaw area.

Date: Saturday January 30, 2016

Time: 2:00 pm

1048 North East Frontage Road
Mcbride, British Columbia V0J 2E0

A representative from the McBride RCMP and Robson Valley Search and Rescue team will be present. A supporting news release will be issued in conjunction with the presser and will be posted to the McBride RCMP Detachment webpage with links @NorthRCMP twitter.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think they will be releasing any names? I am worried sick that I might know some of these guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You think they will be releasing any names? I am worried sick that I might know some of these guys!

Names will only be released once family members have been informed.

I'm feeling the same, just sick and probably know a few of them.
It a sad day for everyone.

Life is good in "Da Hood"

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am waiting news as well. I have done a roll call and am missing 2 people on my list. I am praying for the best.

On another note I have read through this whole tread and I want to say I am so proud right now to be a part of our sledding community and to all the members of Snow and Mud I am honoured to be part of this site. I have not read one negative comment! We are all sledders and know that tragedies happen and can happen every time we ride. We lost a fellow sledder last weekend in Prince George and some of the hurtful things that have been sad are heart breaking.

Prayers and heartfelt condolences again to all involved

Zacs Avy Crew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zacstracs.com
I am waiting news as well. I have done a roll call and am missing 2 people on my list. I am praying for the best.

On another note I have read through this whole tread and I want to say I am so proud right now to be a part of our sledding community and to all the members of Snow and Mud I am honoured to be part of this site. I have not read one negative comment! We are all sledders and know that tragedies happen and can happen every time we ride. We lost a fellow sledder last weekend in Prince George and some of the hurtful things that have been sad are heart breaking.

I think we are all waiting to hear who was involved in the accident. It's hard to imagine anyone being unkind when something like this happens, there are no words that can help the families in the coming years.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure that most of us have by now seen the interview with Cpl. Dan Mosaluk on Global news from last night. We really want to say "Thank You" for how you answered the questions and passed the information to the general public. Dan was very straight forward and did point out to the public 3 to 4 times that "Sledders have come a very long way and are proactive with their training and carry avalanche gear".

This was a very refreshing interview he also very nicely pointed out that they are in the very early stages of the investigation.

Thank you for being so cognizant of the situation and so fair. That is appreciated!

Seen that as well, very classy interview he did a good job, he coulda took the low road like so many in that industry do but he did his homework and seems more knowledgable than most, very sad day for sledders all around and the families involved, know some people who were there so anxiously awaiting further details, RIP fellow sledders

Sent from my iPhone because who uses a computer anymore

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad day for our community as a whole. Condolences to all involved and a big thank you to SAR and first responders everywhere. We always hope to never need your services but are extremely thankful that you are there when we do. RIP fellow sledders. May you ride forever in untouched powder under endless bluebird skies...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

One group I know of is accounted for they went to vale. I was worried they are pretty new to mountain riding and are not very avy aware. Other one I haven't heard back from.

Top Bottom