Lake lots within 1-2 hours of Spruce Grove.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Some nice lakes northeast of the city. I do the fireworks at Pelican Bay Resort every Canada day, at Lac Sante lake it’s very nice and clean and a great place. Tranquility bay on the other side has lots. It’s just past Duverney
there are a few lots up that way that I think they were going to look at, but VERY open, almost no tree's, trying to stay out of RV Resorts too if we can.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Lac Sante is a very nice lake.... We looked there when we bought at Upper Mann which is a garbage lake. Garner is a decent lake

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Bogger is 100% correct about Wabamun Lake. Very clean this week after the latest rain . But Tyler will have a tough time finding a lot in Parkland county to park that many RVs. New properties usually can't get a power meter permit without a development permit for a new home. Garages, sheds and RVs have to come after a residence now. Look for a dumpy existing house/building that already has power. Repairs and renovations are easy and wont have to fallow all the new rules . Neighbors will bitch to the county fast If RVs are in public view .
there's 1 that I think we are looking at this week that fits this bill......

at the same time, my cousin had a lot on the other side of Wabamun, and the "permanent structure" they put up was just a 10x10 shed and had the power panel bolted onto it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Lac Sante is a very nice lake.... We looked there when we bought at Upper Mann which is a garbage lake. Garner is a decent lake
that's getting further and further from the city, which is not a big deal to me personally, but to my sisters it is...... the one hates driving any distances.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I believe Wabamun is the best "Investment" hard to beat 40 min from the city but it comes at a cost

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe Wabamun is the best "Investment" hard to beat 40 min from the city but it comes at a cost
I think they are going to look at that "cabin" right on the paved road this week....... nothing with that property a day with a skid steer and some fill can't fix.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Don’t come to Pigeon. We have more dead fish than alive (that’s a joke but there are lots of floaters).
Lake water is warm and likely to go Blue Green Algae soon.
County has been clamping down on multi trailer lots within a couple of kms of the lake as well.
Hope you find something that works, lake life is great.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Don’t come to Pigeon. We have more dead fish than alive (that’s a joke but there are lots of floaters).
County has been clamping down on multi trailer lots within a couple of kms of the lake as well.
We had a ton of floaters as well.... That's because of the heat wave, whitefish like cold water and dive deep to find it where there is not enough oxygen to keep them alive.....kinda like lemmings.

I suspect we may get blooms as well..... the cool/rainy/smoky weather has helped but our water temp was 76.8F last weekend which is not good for mid july.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We had a ton of floaters as well.... That's because of the heat wave, whitefish like cold water and dive deep to find it where there is not enough oxygen to keep them alive.....kinda like lemmings.

I suspect we may get blooms as well..... the cool/rainy/smoky weather has helped but our water temp was 76.8F last weekend which is not good for mid july.

Hmmm…thought we were the only one with floaters.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
already texted you about the one lot we found there, likely just down the road from you.......

the search is frustrating for sure, but eventually we will find something.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We talked about Jackfish, however the ones that are within budget are on "leased land" and there's no guarantee on the number of years that land will be available to be leased. If the owner of the land decides to sell it, who's to say the purchaser is going to want to keep those leases going?

I would totally avoid those places, west kelowna and some lakes, like adams lake in BC same thing...leased, bleh

Some nice lakes northeast of the city. I do the fireworks at Pelican Bay Resort every Canada day, at Lac Sante lake it’s very nice and clean and a great place. Tranquility bay on the other side has lots. It’s just past Duverney
is lac sante kinda by two hills?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Condo = getting old. Ask summitric…lol
We have a small lot and small cabin and are glad we did it that way.
At the time we bought our place it made sense.... 0.8 acres, big house plus 2 heated shops, direct lake access etc...

Now with the kids gone I just don't want the maintenance.... I'd rather have a zero maintenance property in the city/Spruce/St.Albert we can lock the door and walk away from for long periods at a time and in the summer live on the boat at the marina, .... no more snow blowing, lawn mowing, weeding, etc....

I am getting old you know

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
At the time we bought our place it made sense.... 0.8 acres, big house plus 2 heated shops, direct lake access etc...

Now with the kids gone I just don't want the maintenance.... I'd rather have a zero maintenance property in the city/Spruce/St.Albert we can lock the door and walk away from for long periods at a time and in the summer live on the boat at the marina, .... no more snow blowing, lawn mowing, weeding, etc....

HaHaHa…age = wisdom

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We might sell the lake house and by a condo/townhouse then either buy a small lake lot or just keep the boat at the marina
I would totally avoid those places, west kelowna and some lakes, like adams lake in BC same thing...leased, bleh

is lac sante kinda by two hills?
Yes. About 25 minutes north

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

abdiesels.ca does feel like a few decades ago :p

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well. We found a lot at Wabamun..... 1 acre, has power and a holding tank no water..... In the subdivision of South Woodland Acres approximately 1.5km off the lake......

Possession Aug 16.

Now I need to find a power boat.......

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Well. We found a lot at Wabamun..... 1 acre, has power and a holding tank no water..... In the subdivision of South Woodland Acres approximately 1.5km off the lake......

Possession Aug 16.

Now I need to find a power boat.......
Well have I got a deal for you.......

Congrats on the leisure lot.... It's a nice subdivision

Top Bottom