Kijiji Weeetards

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love Kijiji have made a ton of money off it and don't miss the buy and sell days when ya had to go fill out a slip of paper or try and get through their phone line to place an ad every week

Sent from my S4

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
When I lived in Dawson Creek, they had "Tradio", that was friggin hilarious...kinda like Kijiji but Live! I wonder if its still on up there...

Sonic 102.9 here in Edmonton used to have tradio on Thursday mornings, I don't know if Garner Andrews still does it or not.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember hearing a few live ones on Howard stern when they used to prank call them lol.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't remember the thread I was looking for about Kijiji gripes, so
I'll post on this one.lol
I know we all get used to getting alot of services like kijiji for free, but doesn't
it burn anyone elses ballz when stuff is in the wrong section?Mostly it's stores
that do it on purpose to get more traffic.I very regularly search the ATV section
and have to scroll past pages and pages of tires and quad box's from stores trying
to get free advertising...........I know kijiji one by one can't examine every add, but
I wish they could or would ban some users.(that ruin it for everyone)

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy don't let kijiji retards get to you just take 10 seconds out of your life and reply yes or don't and continue in with life... Whether you like the website or not that's the most effective way to sell.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't remember the thread I was looking for about Kijiji gripes, so
I'll post on this one.lol
I know we all get used to getting alot of services like kijiji for free, but doesn't
it burn anyone elses ballz when stuff is in the wrong section?Mostly it's stores
that do it on purpose to get more traffic.I very regularly search the ATV section
and have to scroll past pages and pages of tires and quad box's from stores trying
to get free advertising...........I know kijiji one by one can't examine every add, but
I wish they could or would ban some users.(that ruin it for everyone)

You can chose for sale by owner or by dealer. Just unclick the dealer one then you don't need to see coopers atv and buck lake bobs stuff.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, I have 4 perfectly good steel OEM wheels off my pickup on there and one guy has been humming and hawing for about a month. He finally shows up at my place, doesn't knock on my door but proceeds right through my gate into my back yard. The only reason I knew he was here was I heard his car door close. I wish I owned a big foaming at the mouth dog at this point. I walked out my door and there he proceeded to tell me how rough of shape they were in. I said they're not to bad of shape and well worth a hundred bucks. He asked if I would take 80. I said no. He walked away without a word, got in his car and left.

Another recent one was for a set of camper jacks I was looking for. Buddy replies that he had a couple if I was interested. I replied yes I was, where can I see them and what was he asking for them. Five emails later he still never gave me his address or any other info but told me he would be home after 12:30 pm on Saturday. I said I would be there at 1:00.
When I arrived at his place the first thing he asked was how I got his address. Easy I said, your name is part of your Hotmail address so I Googled your name and got your address from Telus Phone book online. He laughed, scratched his head and said, the jacks are over here.

The world is plumb full of strange ones!

It was a test. You passed. Should have just given you the jacks. :)

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking for some foam to make a seat bump for my bike last summer. I found an ad for an M1000 seat in the free ads. I show up, look at the seat, and the guy is telling me all about it blah blah. I'm thinking ok whatever it's free I'll take it. He's blocking the door to leave though. So I say.. " it's free right? ".

He was surprised, he says " no I want $100 for it".

I say well you have it in the free ads man. You should list a price if that's what you want. Luckily he was close to me. He says he wrote it in the ad that he wanted $100 but he put it in the free ads so he wouldn't have to pay for the ad. I say " haha look man any ad on kijiji is free! You listed this thing in the giveaways. I'm outta here but you should change the ad so you don't waste anyone else's time. "

Then he's like " ya.. Well.. There's a guy coming in from out if town to buy it so ill get the money for it" I said ok whatever I'm just looking for some free foam.

Then about 3 weeks later I'm telling the guys at work about it and I get curious and look for the ad. Sure enough it's still there!! No mention of any cost, still in the free ads.

Then the funny part. The night after that I get a call. " hey you called me earlier about a seat I have for sale".

I was confused at first. Then I realized this guy just listened to the message I left him 3 weeks prior when I went there!! I said " hey man I already came and saw the seat. You really need to put a price on the ad. ". And he says " ya well I have a guy coming in from out of town to buy it so ill get the money for it"

Wow.

But really most of the time all you have To do is ignore a low ball email or spot a scam in 0.5 seconds that's hardly a big deal. It's usually good for a laugh anyways.

Maybe he was smokin' a bit of that foam. Maybe he thought he was stuck in a Kiiji Groundhog day

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kijiji is a tad painful at best but still the best way to sell stuff, I've never really understood the whole lowball buying approach, thinking that never works. I have screwed with a couple low balltards, had a car listed for 20k, one guy offered 15k so I said in kijiji app chat "sure I'm ok with that please forward $500 deposit to igor1955@hotmail.ru" never heard back.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never had any problems, i prefer emails and text to talking on the phone, it only take a few seconds of your time. But one thing that really baffles me is people trying to sell stuff under WANTED. You see an ad with wanted then a price after it....wtf.

Top Bottom