(Keystone) Caribou and Standard Basin Closure in effect next season.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read the letter Kathy, sorry about your wasted efforts.

I guess common sense isn't all that common anymore

skierh2o

Reaction score
Looks like it may be time to rebel!
As long as others have legal access to this land.....why not us!?
All for one and one for all!

I applaud all your efforts through never ending frustrations!

Thanks!

jumpingjack

Reaction score
Has there been any changes to the riding area and dates of closer at Frisbie Ridge for this year?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
New maps will be available real soon, there is an small area that has been opened up at the N end of Frisby. Closures are in effect Jan. 1-Apr. 15.
Hope no one is under impression that there isn`t anywhere to ride here anymore, new maps will showcase all areas open to snowmobiling in the Revelstoke area.
Work with us guys and gals we are trying.

This was sent out to our club members.

JUST A NOTE OF REASSURANCE, EVEN WITH THE RECENTLY ANNOUNCED CLOSURES, REVY REMAINS OPEN TO SLEDDING WITH MANY, MANY AREAS TO RIDE. EVEN THOSE AREAS WITH RESTRICTIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL JAN.1ST AND AGAIN AFTER APRIL 15.

AT THE EDMONTON SNOWSHOW WE WERE TOLD MANY TIMES THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT ALL OF THE AREAS ARE CLOSED. THIS IS NOT TRUE!

ALL THE USUAL AREAS ARE OPEN, CARIBOU BASIN AND STANDARD BASIN (PART OF KEYSTONE) HAS NEW CLOSURES, BUT EVERYTHING ELSE REMAINS OPEN AND WILL ONCE AGAIN OFFER YOU SOME OF THE BEST SLEDDING IN WESTERN CANADA.

MEMBERSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE AT ROUGH COUNTRY MARINE AND THE SLED SHED AT THIS TIME, THROUGH THE WEBSITE AND VIA THE NEWSLETTER.

SO DO NOT WRITE REVY OFF, COME ON OUT AND ENJOY THE BEST SNOW YOU WILL SLED ON AND RIDE WITH US AGAIN THIS YEAR.

Last edited:

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after all of this how does the city of Revelstoke feel about the clubs actions and do they feel like there is anything that they can do to help the situation. What is the opinion of the chamber of commerce and do they feel that its just up to the club to pursue this matter on there own?

Evil Revo

Reaction score
So after all of this how does the city of Revelstoke feel about the clubs actions and do they feel like there is anything that they can do to help the situation. What is the opinion of the chamber of commerce and do they feel that its just up to the club to pursue this matter on there own?[/QUOTE

I wonder the same thing. I would think the Chamber would be throwing some money towards this fight. (They might be already).
No sledding in Revy? Don't think you need a Chamber anymore do ya?

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
No monetary help from the City or Chamber but after our meeting last wk. we were finially able to tell our story of what the Club has done for the past 30 yrs. working to Gov. to save the mtn. caribou. I think there were some eyes opened. The City did write a letter of support for us addressed to the premier. The North Columbia Enviromental Society also attended, they did not want to ask any questions because they commented that the meeting may become confrontational. They said they would comment on our presentation by letter within 48 hrs. it has been over a wk. since that meeting and no response yet.

Here are the Gov. maps for the additional legislated closures.
Fish and Wildlife - Natural Resource Operations - Province of British Columbia

Here is the response letter from the Premier.
img294.jpg

New_M7_Ryder

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has been in keystone as its not closed yet. Our group coming up in a week would like to go in there and would like to know if its worth it yet. thanks in advance

dycker

Reaction score
We were in on the weekend. It didn't look like anybody had been in for a while if at all this year.

just wondering if anyone has been in keystone as its not closed yet. Our group coming up in a week would like to go in there and would like to know if its worth it yet. thanks in advance

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Glad you noticed that Cuso.
So I have had some p.m.`s lately seems that there is some confusion as to when the closures are and what areas are affected now.
Up until the closure date of Jan. 1/12 Caribou Basin and all of Keystone/Standard and all of Frisby and Sale are open to snowmobiling. The closures are done Apr. 15 so again all areas are open to snowmobiling after this date. Caribou Basin is closed completely to snowmobiling now durring the closure date. There are still areas open to ride Keystone/Standard, Frisby and Sale during the closure dates.
Hope this helps. Thanks everyone for your co-operation during the closure dates and thanks for working with us.

evil1

Reaction score
Rode keystone on the 4rth,,went to cabin, not a track to be seen or sign of,,a little wind blown and not many land mines around,,so goood coverage for this time of year. dropped in back of cabin and hit a couple more bowls,,i'm sure we were the first in there for the year,,blue bird day what a ride! when we got out,,from the cabin out was beat down

We were in on the weekend. It didn't look like anybody had been in for a while if at all this year.

Top Bottom