Kakwa Trail Breakdown Results In Theft!!!!

skiw07

Reaction score
First off thanks to Work2Ride and their crew for helping us on the trail. We had a trailing arm bend which resulted in a bent shock and spindles. After hours of trying to get the sled out of the bush we had to leave it for the night. After gathering supplies in town, we came back a day later to find the sled missing the handle bar riser and clamps. The handle bars were hanging by the wires which now made the recovery mission even harder. The thieves also emptied the jerry can and stole the tie downs. Who does this??? There were not many people in there and I can't believe people would do this. This leaves a black scar on the sledding community. There are many helpful people on the trails but this is not appropriate.

SO BEWARE OF THIEVES IN THE KAKWA AREA!!!!!

tonykunz

Reaction score
Wow, I'd go along and check the camps, if you see someone sporting a new set of handle bar risers, give them a nice happy gilmore swing to the face with a lead pipe.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, cause most of the peeps out there with camps are thieves. :rolleyes:

also can you identify your risers, etc. keep asking around thieves usually can't keep there mouth shut.

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nobody camped out there would steal anything,get to know your neighbours,there truckcs etc,keep a eye out for rif raf......

snowguy

Reaction score
Most likely wasn't anyone with a camp, probably some guys just out for the day. I had a camp in last year and was never worried about someone stealing things out of it because the sledding community is a great bunch of people and we always look out for each other and help when we can. I left my sled and gas can on the trail not once thinking anyone would take something because that’s not what sleders do. Whoever did part out my machine and rifle through my seat all I can say is if you’re going to be a thief at least take something of value not a 60 dollar part that leaves my sled stranded, and don’t ever call yourself a sleder because you don’t belong in our group. The mountains are a dangerous playground and we look out for each other not steal from people!!! As for my riser it was a 6 inch power madd block that the guy cant even use cause he was to stupid to take my pivot block as well!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most likely wasn't anyone with a camp, probably some guys just out for the day. I had a camp in last year and was never worried about someone stealing things out of it because the sledding community is a great bunch of people and we always look out for each other and help when we can. I left my sled and gas can on the trail not once thinking anyone would take something because that’s not what sleders do. Whoever did part out my machine and rifle through my seat all I can say is if you’re going to be a thief at least take something of value not a 60 dollar part that leaves my sled stranded, and don’t ever call yourself a sleder because you don’t belong in our group. The mountains are a dangerous playground and we look out for each other not steal from people!!! As for my riser it was a 6 inch power madd block that the guy cant even use cause he was to stupid to take my pivot block as well!

You're living in a dream world if you think owning a sled makes someone a good guy or gal. If that were the case we wouldn't be selling upwards of 500 day trail passes at our poker rallies.

snowguy

Reaction score
Its to bad you think that. Ive been riding in the mountains for years now and can safely say anytime I have seen someone having a bad day everyone around is there to help. Hopefully you start to have better luck and run into the majority of people who ride the mountains and maybe your opinion will change

RyanSparrow

Reaction score
Its to bad you think that. Ive been riding in the mountains for years now and can safely say anytime I have seen someone having a bad day everyone around is there to help. Hopefully you start to have better luck and run into the majority of people who ride the mountains and maybe your opinion will change

I agree. 99% percent of the people out there are great. We broke down on the trail home this weekend in Mcbride and everyone passing down stopped and asked if we needed help. But there is that 1% out there that are still taken what is not theres.

jimxp

Reaction score
too bad that has to happen out there... snowmobilers are suspose to be a group, thats what were known for! All of us with camps out there are neighbors!!!

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thieves also emptied the jerry can and stole the tie downs. Who does this???

Work2Ride: "Hey, you should pour that Jerrycan into your sled."

skiw07: "Na if they want it bad enough they can have it."

I can't believe someone stripped the bar riser off it, that's ridiculous. When we drove out I swear I seen you guys heading back in. 2 other trucks with one sled on each trailer. One truck with 2 tundra's figured they were surveyors.

It was a long ride out of their where you had your last rodeo buck. Then to double all the way out on the sx700, would have been an uncomfortable ride. Too comeback to someone that stole a useless bar riser, no sympathy for a guy that just destroyed the one side of his sled.

Some peoples kids.

snowguy

Reaction score
Haha ya i figured the gas may go but never expected to find my sled how it was. Ya we were heading back in looking for the guys camp that offered up his skimmer. Luckily the next day we were able to hammer the right side somewhat straight again and used about 50 feet of rope and a roll of duct tape to strap my bars to the pivot part of the riser that the idiots forgot to steal. Worked not bad actually haha

Top Bottom