Just cool it!

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spring riding getting you hot? Just cool your tunnel with a “custom colour matched” tunnel cooler! Just fill up milk crate with snow, tip it over onto black t-shirt (to protect tunnel), snow melts and helps keep sled running cool on icy trails. It worked well!

Attachments

• A90F72EC-4FB9-4C99-B8B4-E7F8CDF99C35.jpeg
    A90F72EC-4FB9-4C99-B8B4-E7F8CDF99C35.jpeg
    530.5 KB · Views: 237

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you from Saskabush Jim? All the best ideas come from there. Bet some rum was consumed brainstorming that idea? Lol

That’s not a new idea, went to Revy back in 2011 at end of April and we were over heating first day, buddy went to one of the grocery stores in town the next morning and grabbed us milk crates to strap to our tunnels and fill with snow, worked like a charm. But you are right, my buddy who went and got us the crates was from Saskatoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Get a collapsible crate and just use a table saw to cut centre section of the bottom out lengthwise. Lots of cheap ones on amazon. ratchet strap to your linq mounts and keep dumping snow in top, no need to take it off. Be aware that your motor will stay cool but you can still melt your sliders so keep scratchers down.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Are you from Saskabush Jim? All the best ideas come from there. Bet some rum was consumed brainstorming that idea? Lol
You bet Ken! Just a farm boy from Speedy Creek once upon a time
A lot of good people have roots in the ol’ country and/or born or raised there!

Heavybrewster

Reaction score
I took a firewood mesh bag and threw it into my linq tunnel bag. If sled gets too hot, fill bag mesh bag with snow, strap onto tunnel and off you go. Yes, from Saskatchewan!

Top Bottom