Joss Pass Closure

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I don’t sled this area. But if there is survey or any kind of major meeting please make it known on here. There are lots of guys from up around me that come down and sled, fish, boat and camp around there. I have no problem loading up and coming down there to enjoy public lands. Especially if it means proving a point to those trying to take away what’s our land.
Well maybe we plan a protest.
See if they write 400-500 tickets.

Joss ride March 1st sounds good to me.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 wrongs don't make a right.. That would be a bad idea. The only way is to fight it the legal way. Vigilantism is one sure way of giving therm ammo. .

What I don't understand, is that Alford claims that mountain bikers are included in this... and that only hikers by foot are allowed. This is from 2 sources now..As far as I can see, this is not true. Do these original sources have their facts straight? just wondering.

Well maybe we plan a protest.
See if they write 400-500 tickets.

Joss ride March 1st sounds good to me.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 wrongs don't make a right.. That would be a bad idea. The only way is to fight it the legal way. Vigilantism is one sure way of giving therm ammo. .

What I don't understand, is that Alford claims that mountain bikers are included in this... and that only hikers by foot are allowed. This is from 2 sources now..As far as I can see, this is not true. Do these original sources have their facts straight? just wondering.
You mean we should pay off politicians to keep it street legal......

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope but pay lawyers, If you think a protest, especially an illegal one is the answer, you may as well go ride in the caribou closures, because you will achieve the same results.
You mean we should pay off politicians to keep it street legal......

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope but pay lawyers, If you think a protest, especially an illegal one is the answer, you may as well go ride in the caribou closures, because you will achieve the same results.
Let me know when you get your lawyer bill, I'll split it with you.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cause the helicopter where dropping them off and then riding down, and you can't drive up past 1700 m, so in a nut shell, unless you want to walk up or pedal your buns up, it's closed to anything cool

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause the helicopter where dropping them off and then riding down, and you can't drive up past 1700 m, so in a nut shell, unless you want to walk up or pedal your buns up, it's closed to anything cool
Can't do anything fun now a days.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I We lose these little areas I will quit mountain riding. Boulder to me isn’t sledding. Busy and congested. Caribou. Joc. Griffin. Blue and few I don’t want to name will All be closed someday soon..it literally Breaks my heart. I grew up on sleds. Riding is my only hobby. Mountain sledding and exploring cleans my soul. Sad.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am going to have to disagree with you. This group likes to fly under the radar. There needs to be a big deal made out of this. Spring riding is an awesome time to ride, days are long and you can explore and the hero snow makes for great access. An according to this thread Joss is a great area for that.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on the page of having a sled protest as well. See what kind of attention the government gives to due process when transcanada highway is shut down to a couple hundred trucks parked on the hiway.....and sleds out playing in the middle of march. the lack of consultation with user groups is disheartening.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on the page of having a sled protest as well. See what kind of attention the government gives to due process when transcanada highway is shut down to a couple hundred trucks parked on the hiway.....and sleds out playing in the middle of march. the lack of consultation with user groups is disheartening.
Arrange it, I'll be there and so will 20 plus other trucks from Sicamous

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will also join in on a highway blockage and try to get some additional people to participate.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might even make shuswap backcountry riders aware and then hundreds of quads, bikes, quads, sxs be there too

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good staging area there.
Yup, some parking at bottom of hill, some at 3 valley, some in the gravel pit on up entrance to griffin east

Pull everyone out at one time, get 2 trucks, one east and one west bound to slow traffic to a crawl and then stop, plug up the hill both ways

Top Bottom