Joss Pass Closure

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That just gives them more opportunity to villanize us. We are painted as spoiled rednecks with no respect for the environment, rules, or law.

Agreed, a sledder protest has a huge potential to backfire IMO. Blocking the highway with our big diesel trucks, fancy wheels, expensive sleds and trailers - how is this going to be perceived by the general non-sledding public? The liberal eco-friendly media will have a heyday with it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, a sledder protest has a huge potential to backfire IMO. Blocking the highway with our big diesel trucks, fancy wheels, expensive sleds and trailers - how is this going to be perceived by the general non-sledding public? The liberal eco-friendly media will have a heyday with it.
But, we need to speak up and do something

How is the way it is right now working??

Not very fawking good cause it's closed

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But, we need to speak up and do something

How is the way it is right now working??

Not very fawking good cause it's closed

Not disagreeing at all, I know we need to do something.

Just saying this plan of slowing/disrupting traffic won't work in our favour. Especially when someone (there will be someone) decides to roll a big coal and then the CBC receives great photos of the blackout for the news.

Maybe the show of sledders and gear in numbers could be staged at a big parking lot or somewhere convenient?

I think our showing of numbers is great publicity, just need to be ultra careful it doesn't backfire.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just saying this plan of slowing/disrupting traffic won't work in our favour. Especially when someone (there will be someone) decides to roll a big coal and then the CBC receives great photos of the blackout for the news.

Maybe the show of sledders and gear in numbers could be staged at a big parking lot or somewhere convenient?

I think our showing of numbers is great publicity, just need to be ultra careful it doesn't backfire.
Not all sledderz roll coal

Just make it 100% crystal clear, no fawking around

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree. I dont think public perception is on our side at the moment because of the way the left wing biased media portrays us. I think this would hurt us a lot more than it would help. Definitely agree that we need to find away to get peoples attention about this stuff, but not in a way that is going to turn more people against us.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not all sledderz roll coal

Fair enough but it only takes 1 and with todays dash cams & video everything it will make the news.

I guess I can't get past how disrupting the traffic will work in our favour. It's like the Canada Post discussion where people immediate reaction will be anger at their personal inconvenience rather than appreciating the cause..

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the farmers awe inspiring protest was futile wa are fawked. They came out and united more than we could. Half my quad sled buddies cant miss a days work. The others think this won’t happen. NDP winning in bc was a nail n the coffin. Lots of my bc Sledder friends voted NDP cause they didn’t like the liberals. So stupid.
If a protest is in the works I will do my best to bring as many of my friends and family as possible.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the farmers awe inspiring protest was futile wa are fawked. They came out and united more than we could. Half my quad sled buddies cant miss a days work. The others think this won’t happen. NDP winning in bc was a nail n the coffin. Lots of my bc Sledder friends voted NDP cause they didn’t like the liberals. So stupid.
If a protest is in the works I will do my best to bring as many of my friends and family as possible.

You have sledder friends that voted NDP? What a bunch of fricken morons.

Normally I don’t get involved with my wife when it comes to voting...I’m pretty sure we neutralize each other’s votes in most elections.

In the last BC election, I let her know in no uncertain terms that our random camping and my snowmobiling would be at extreme threat if the NDP or Greens got into power.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have sledder friends that voted NDP? What a bunch of fricken morons.

Normally I don’t get involved with my wife when it comes to voting...I’m pretty sure we neutralize each other’s votes in most elections.

In the last BC election, I let her know in no uncertain terms that our random camping and my snowmobiling would be at extreme threat if the NDP or Greens got into power.

They hated christy Clark. Assumed NDP was a throwaway vote. So I’m told. I was in Mexico when I found out about all the Alberta and bc closures. Ruined my ****ing holiday. I don’t even want to work anymore. Why. I won’t need money to live in a bubble.
I may buy a house in America. Fill it full of Harley’s and ride hwys I guess.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They hated christy Clark. Assumed NDP was a throwaway vote. So I’m told. I was in Mexico when I found out about all the Alberta and bc closures. Ruined my ****ing holiday. I don’t even want to work anymore. Why. I won’t need money to live in a bubble.
I may buy a house in America. Fill it full of Harley’s and ride hwys I guess.
Hopefully all of b. C wants cristy back, cause hord is 100 times worse

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard this closure may have been delayed anyone have more concrete info?

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well be up in that area next weekend staying at tsuius for the weekend sounds like sledders and snowcats are exempt for now

Top Bottom