Jason Kenny stepping down as UCP leader

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These days, A Vote for the person is a loss. Maybe Vote for a party that has a chance in winning.
Staying home because I don’t like this person, I don’t like that person, is a vote for the opposition.
Yah think, people would of figured that out in the last AB provincial election, and the last federal election, especially with these kids that are voting these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is actually the same as vote splitting, actually it's probably even worse not to vote then it is to cast a option that might create a split.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we trust our electoral system.?, and if we could it's always the lesser of 2 evils to choose from it seems. We all know the United States elections can't be trusted lol, and I feel the same up here.

I believe we can trust our electoral system, I don't think we suffer from voter fraud like some other countries do. Corruption within the parties running is another story, the Liberal Party of Canada is a prime example of corruption right now.

That's the way democracy works, you'll never get exactly what you want, it's always going to be a compromise, sometimes it feels like the lesser of two evils. I wish we could move toward a proportional representation system like some European countries have though. Where seats in the house are dictated by the percentage of voters that voted for that party, and then the enacted government would be forced to be comprised of the same percentage from the various parties.

Maybe I'm one of the few on here that believe this, but I don't think there was mass corruption/ballot stuffing/voting machine fraud in the 2020 US election that so many claim. The polls leading up to the election were predicting a tight election, but a likely win for Biden, the election results were pretty on par with this. Many of the same people that claim this were also predicting a purple wave by the PPC in Canada, even though the polls were showing a measly 6% support, and some again claimed election fraud when the PPC failed to win a seat yet again.

Unfortunately it seems to be a common theme these days, when a party looses an election they cry fraud, starting with the Democrats after the 2016 election, then Trump in 2020, then by some right wing voters in Canada after the 2021 election, and there were definitely concerns of fraud in the UCP leadership review here in Alberta last week.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kenny is the right wing i thought.

Hopefully they get someone better to lead the party, but odds are it will be the same or worse.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe we can trust our electoral system, I don't think we suffer from voter fraud like some other countries do. Corruption within the parties running is another story, the Liberal Party of Canada is a prime example of corruption right now.

That's the way democracy works, you'll never get exactly what you want, it's always going to be a compromise, sometimes it feels like the lesser of two evils. I wish we could move toward a proportional representation system like some European countries have though. Where seats in the house are dictated by the percentage of voters that voted for that party, and then the enacted government would be forced to be comprised of the same percentage from the various parties.

Maybe I'm one of the few on here that believe this, but I don't think there was mass corruption/ballot stuffing/voting machine fraud in the 2020 US election that so many claim. The polls leading up to the election were predicting a tight election, but a likely win for Biden, the election results were pretty on par with this. Many of the same people that claim this were also predicting a purple wave by the PPC in Canada, even though the polls were showing a measly 6% support, and some again claimed election fraud when the PPC failed to win a seat yet again.

Unfortunately it seems to be a common theme these days, when a party looses an election they cry fraud, starting with the Democrats after the 2016 election, then Trump in 2020, then by some right wing voters in Canada after the 2021 election, and there were definitely concerns of fraud in the UCP leadership review here in Alberta last week.
Interesting that you would bring up the PPC party. I haven’t heard a thing about them since the election. I wonder what lies in their future if Pierre Pollivere is elected as the new Conservative leader. Most of his platform mirrors some of Berniers. Will the PPC go away? Be interesting to know what he thinks of Pierre.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting that you would bring up the PPC party. I haven’t heard a thing about them since the election. I wonder what lies in their future if Pierre Pollivere is elected as the new Conservative leader. Most of his platform mirrors some of Berniers. Will the PPC go away? Be interesting to know what he thinks of Pierre.

They definitely haven't been silent, their members and Maxime are smack talking Pierre at every available opportunity. They've just lost a lot of their viewership, failing to gain a seat in the last 2 elections has cost them notoriety.

Outside their small cult like following of sheep most people have come to see the PPC for what they really are, a branch of the Liberal party helping to ensure Trudeau's place in power.

Top Bottom