Is your wife / girlfriend hot or cold?

ice auger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys......She rides 1000 to 1500 on good snow years mainly here in MN . She has a complete Polaris set (jacket, bibs) but has lost weight 145 down to 125 and the gear looks really bulky on her and could let cold air in now. She loves and will keep her HJC helmet but I am looking for the jacket and bibs. Thanks for the opinions, I will not go cheap on her so our ride time will not go down! Any other opinions?

DragonDiva

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Layering is the best way. But the type of fabric the base layer is made is the most important. I have switched to Merino wool base layers and socks. Everyone sweats and the other base layers wick the sweat away but doesn't absorb it. I actually used to have ice on the inside of my klim boots when I wore their socks. I switched to smart wool brand socks and my feet are never cold now. Merino wool is not the itchy old stuff and is completely washer machine safe. I make sure it's 85% merino wool or higher. I am wearing Klim women's gear and purchased it for the Gortex aspect. I had Polaris stuff to start out but it tended to get wet from our damp snow. It's held up really well for the 3 years of mountain riding I have done with it.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another good snowboard pant (if you are interested) is Foursquare. They have a lifetime warranty I believe and have been around a long time.
My Foursquare pants made it through 3 seasons of 25+ days per year.
The ladies models of Foursquare and 686 have a great fit that look really good and have removable fleece liners.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the title had me a little confused lol... catchme had the same idea it seems. my old lady layers obviously, and she likes the onesy underwear= less air drafts and snow up her back. klim makes awesome outer layers that have less flowery crap on them. The main thing is that she feels comfortable and warm. Happy wife, happy life

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the title had me a little confused lol... catchme had the same idea it seems. my old lady layers obviously, and she likes the onesy underwear= less air drafts and snow up her back. klim makes awesome outer layers that have less flowery crap on them. The main thing is that she feels comfortable and warm. Happy wife, happy life

Oh STOP, your not even married! :p j/k haaahaaa

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm not a brand name guy and with four kids and non-oil jobs it's not like we have unlimited funds.... but I wouldn't trade my Klim gear for anything else. My Helly was great for skiing but not comfortable for sledding and I found I oveheated very quickly when digging. My Mole ski pants were alright for sledding but by the end of the day they were getting wet and on multi-day trips I could not dry them out completely from day to day. I'm not saying everything thats not Klim sucks, but I personally love my gear. And as for the price if you don't want to spend $1000 you don't have too, lots of people out there always want the latest and greatest and sell off thier 1-2 year old stuff cheap, just have to look for it. Both of my Klim sets (had to move from medium to Large due to my love affair with beer) were had for under $400 and my wife got her set for under $500.

Show me a guy or girl who wears Klim and I will show you someone who paid to much for an inferior product. And bought based on trendiness.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Show me a guy or girl who wears Klim and I will show you someone who paid to much for an inferior product. And bought based on trendiness.

I was in Revelstoke quite a few years ago at a demo ride and all the local guides were wearing Klim gear. I started to ask some questions and found that these guys ride over a 100 days a season and need to be dry. Klim must work! It wasn't trendiness that got me into Klim; it was function-ability!

That's when I got my first jacket and bibs. Yes, they are pricey but IMHO, you get what you pay for. They are guaranteed to keep you dry......period!

With the right layering (polyester), I have been warm and dry now for years. Sure, there have been failures with water leakage but the warranty is awesome. It always has been replaced once the "water test" shows a leak. I don't doo the dealer thing with warranty as most are not into the service end of gear (too much hassle, costs them money or what, I don't know) and I deal directly with Klim Canada.

If you wear Klim and are getting wet, give them a call.

ice auger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our riding styles are alittle of everything.....she woint do the 100 mph across the lake but she does kick it down. What do people think of Klim, motor fist, for the Polaris brands? Thank for the pinions so far....

Top Bottom