Is your wife / girlfriend hot or cold?

ice auger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok now that I have your attention.....what riding gear are the ladies buying? My wife is extremely cold ALL the time and it sometimes can cut the day down for riding. Right now she has a Polaris jacket and bibs which are ok but looking for options.....any suggestions?

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Down! Get a good down jacket for her. Even if it goes under another waterproof jacket so be it. Down is where it is at! The usual branded snowmobile clothes are junk in my opinion. Mountain Hardware makes some sweet down jackets that are thick and semi- waterproof. My wofe and mother in law both use these jackets and they warm.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A. Where are you guys going to be riding? and
B. How aggressive of a rider is she?

Both important factors

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look into the Motorfist Empress line It accommodates both. It's cool, there is a warm zip out liner and a waterproof shell. Makes for perfect riding whether you are a cold person or a warm person. Very well made, style but comfort.
Womens Empress Jacket - 2013 - Snowmobile Gear - Women's Snowmobile Gear

I'll have the lineup at the show! Hope you can come by our booth!

Trish :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's another suggestion too...

The Turnagin Pass Fleece is Freakin Epic when it comes to warmth. I tried just wearing a jersey and my Turnagin midlayer.. woo wee I was warm... For me on normal ride days I wear my hydrophobic fleece for riding, but if your wife is always cold, this stuff is cozy and uber warm.
I wear mine on cold days I want to feel cuddly and warm.
Turnagain Pass Fleece Jacket - Snowmobile Gear - Men's Snowmobile Gear

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
always always always suggest layering as much as possible!! that being said there are some GREAT options for layering! get a bad arse shell that WILL keep her dry and WILL breathe (I'm SUPER stoked about my new Klim women's gear this year, and then look at some great layers. MAKE SURE it's all performance fabrics, down and fleece. I have a buddy who brings a down jacket that he puts UNDER her riding coat when we stop to hang out so he stays warm. Down compresses nicely and is lightweight so that is a MAJOR plus. but you DO NOT want to get it wet!!!! if you take the time to let her layer up and layer down too that will really help. so that she doesn't OVERHEAT and then get all sweaty which leads to MAJOR chills once she starts riding again!!

shukinjive

Reaction score
Dont know what your riding (actually, I do know, you mentioned her) Boohaa

If she's on a Doo..Try the "Sympatex" stuff. I've worn a ton of stuff and by far the best I've worn yet!!!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All women are cold blooded like a snake.

Layers good to -50 so they are happy happy

sent from my htc

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I and my wife both grew up on farms in Northern Ab, and she just plain knows how/what to wear for any given day. Its common knowledge if your from Ab.

But yes LAYERS is the ticket....

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget a good base layer. It will do as much as expensive outer stuff as it warms when standing around but wicks away sweat when doing active stuff. She can have the best outerwear money can buy, but if her base layer is cheap and sweaty, she's going to be cold.
If she's really cold blooded, get Patagonia Capilene and get the thick Expidition Weight stuff. I used to wear it surveying so it would work while standing behind the transit for hours or for chainsawing.

Everyone loves their Klim or Motorfist stuff around here, but Burton has been making stuff that fits the ladies right for years where the sled only companies only just figured it out.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been wearin Burton since I was a youngin, very worthy gear fosho :D and quite affordable....

Don't forget a good base layer. It will do as much as expensive outer stuff as it warms when standing around but wicks away sweat when doing active stuff. She can have the best outerwear money can buy, but if her base layer is cheap and sweaty, she's going to be cold.
If she's really cold blooded, get Patagonia Capilene and get the thick Expidition Weight stuff. I used to wear it surveying so it would work while standing behind the transit for hours or for chainsawing.

Everyone loves their Klim or Motorfist stuff around here, but Burton has been making stuff that fits the ladies right for years where the sled only companies only just figured it out.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife where's Klim gear for men, there is no one that makes as good of gear for women as they do men. Not even motorfist, the women stuff does not have the event fabric. So she just where's the mens. And not all women like pink and flowers. And the Klim keeps her warm and dry.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife where's Klim gear for men, there is no one that makes as good of gear for women as they do men. Not even motorfist, the women stuff does not have the event fabric. So she just where's the mens. And not all women like pink and flowers. And the Klim keeps her warm and dry.

Show me a guy or girl who wears Klim and I will show you someone who paid to much for an inferior product. And bought based on trendiness.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Show me a guy or girl who wears Klim and I will show you someone who paid to much for an inferior product. And bought based on trendiness.

I do think that a lot of people do buy Klim gear cause it's the "cool stuff" to wear, but it does work good. I am really looking into the Tobe one peace suit. I think that will work nice!

Top Bottom