Is it true that red plates are getting shamed in Revy/sicamous due to Covid

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing rumours red plates are being confronted, shamed, filmed and threatened for sledding in Revy and Sicamous right now due to covid? Rumour has it it’s went as far as people threatening to post u online with ur responses

Can anyone comment? Any truth? If so Post a link please!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing rumours red plates are being confronted, shamed, filmed and threatened for sledding in Revy and Sicamous right now due to covid? Rumour has it it’s went as far as people threatening to post u online with ur responses

Can anyone comment? Any truth? If so Post a link please!

just heresay right now. But reading on the sicamous page i guess it is happening

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a couple of buddies go to Barkerville on a day trip, went to buy trail pass's, were told they were not welcome and please go home.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dear BC friends,
Potential infection from fake viruses come from your AIRPORTS where planes come in unchecked every day from China....not from the isolated prairie rednecks looking to fill their boring days with the combustion of fossil fuel in the unconfined great outdoors.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dear BC friends,
Potential infection from fake viruses come from your AIRPORTS where planes come in unchecked every day from China....not from the isolated prairie rednecks looking to fill their boring days with the combustion of fossil fuel in the unconfined great outdoors.
Yeah except it's a real virus and 18 good ol prairie folks caught it at a snowmobile rally a couple weeks ago in buttfawk saskatchewan. I'm not going to shame anyone but also make good choices.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah except it's a real virus and 18 good ol prairie folks caught it at a snowmobile rally a couple weeks ago in buttfawk saskatchewan. I'm not going to shame anyone but also make good choices.

And I caught a dirty “flu” the last 17 times I was in Zala’s. It’s less dangerous than the common cold. History will vindicate this statement.

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Had a couple of buddies go to Barkerville on a day trip, went to buy trail pass's, were told they were not welcome and please go home.
As per B.C. rec sites and trail, sled clubs aren’t supposed to be collecting trail fees/passes because of the close human proximity. I think Barkerville should go home but then the story could be false.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the way it sounds lots of the mayors are requesting to BC/Alberta border be shut down except for the truckers and emergency cases.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen quite a few sledders around Revy in the past few days ( driving by my house) including some “ red plates “ BUT some of them live here. I know there was a sled rescue yesterday and another today so it is happening. Certainly it’s great sledding also as we have had quite a bit of fresh including today. I’m quite certain search and rescue wouldn’t be happy if called out as the protocol these days is all actions are a covid response.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As per B.C. rec sites and trail, sled clubs aren’t supposed to be collecting trail fees/passes because of the close human proximity. I think Barkerville should go home but then the story could be false.

of course they didnt collect the fee's, they told them to go home. That simple.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't witnessed any of that and I doubt it in the sledding community however there is an element in town that hates all things Alberta and a few are on the Sicamous Facebook rant and rave site slandreing the red and white. They are the minority and mostly useless deadbeats. I got into it with a few of them about it and got banned.lol

Problem is a good part of the community are Albertans that own homes here and split time between here and Calgary etc. Some spend most the winter here and are staying put here since it broke and those haters are trying to use this as an excuse to shame them into leaving.

Why you ask Teamdirty......you planning to come out.

Last edited:

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen some ranting on social media here - FB and Stokelist but it got shot down pretty quick . I wish I was capable of getting out there rather than watching snow melt at home.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you see my posts to the dumb byotchs that think the town is there own???

Friggin dumb azzes

Ya I am not arguing with them anymore....you can't with them They just twist it around. I am surprised how deep the hatred runs with some of them.. Pretty sure I won't run into any of them riding tomorrow.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I am not arguing with them anymore....you can't with them They just twist it around. I am surprised how deep the hatred runs with some of them.. Pretty sure I won't run into any of them riding tomorrow.
Me either,

And they just don't get it, that I. D way rather someone from Berta come here than hongcoover ffs

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me either,

And they just don't get it, that I. D way rather someone from Berta come here than hongcoover ffs
What people are missing is that we are being asked to avoid travelling between areas regardless of the color of license plates. That is the best way to keep the spread at a minimum. It's only a matter of time before the borders are closed as they are in some parts of the East.

Top Bottom