Is it Too Early To Ride?

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20220318_163506.jpg

I think so. Wont see me on two wheels for at least a couple weeks.
Saw this couple, then two more right after. Gutsy? Stupid?
Cars aren't used to bikes on the road now, let alone the sand and gravel.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest, it is never safe to ride. I use to ride every month of the year when I was younger. Just have to be smarter than the cagers and roads

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to ride like you're a ghost. Expect people to not see you! I had a Woman look me right in the eyes as she pulled out in front of me. We both pulled into the same gas station for fuel. She came over to me immediately saying how sorry she was and that she did not see me... I replied "I know".

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few bikes out around Pemberton. The roads are still being salted and won't be swept for a long time. I like my bike to much to take it out when it is like that.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glenn Turple re Turple brothers RD rides 12 months of the year on a gold wing trike.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a guy that works at a local pizza joint that rides year round too. Pic taken Dec 28 picking up a large Delux and Hawaiian.
I guess if your hard core enough, its never too early!

20211228_180059.jpg

ArtieBar64

Reaction score
Too much sand and gravel on the roads still. You need every advantage when riding to stay alive and avoid collisions. Temps need to be warmer too, no fun with single digit highs.

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its to early for me this year around here. There is far to much chit on the road. Other years that have been warmer earlier we have been out at this time. I did see a few bikes out in town yesterday though and the street sweepers are starting their initial cleaning passes. I did "help" the boy pull his rear tire off of his bike last night so we can get the tire put on that he got for Christmas.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a nice first ride yesterday 18 degrees out, my wife didn’t want to ride either ^^ to much gravel on the road.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a nice first ride yesterday 18 degrees out, my wife didn’t want to ride either ^^ to much gravel on the road.
In the spring I don’t ride unless it’s warm out. In the fall I ride till it’s -5 and sleeting on my face lol
Yesterday would have been a great first day 🍻

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live just off of highway 21. The wife and I took our little guy and dogs for a walk on tuesday evening because it was so nice out. I have never heard so many crotch rockets and harleys redlining and grabbing gears on that highway before lol. Makes me miss my old GSXR!

abiceman

Reaction score
Riding on the highway is ok , its just getting there with sand, ice and potholes to dodge. Give your self lots of eye leed time.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 800 out yesterday. Met up with my BIL and nephew for a nice cruise. Hit Ft Sask Tims then down to Leduc to pick up our friend who just bought a Bully like mine. Showed him the ropes and did another loop through Millet and Wetaskiwin. Our 'short' scoot ended up over 300km.
We did most on back roads, secondary highways. All were in pretty good shape. A few holes and large cracks but it felt great to get some wind therapy.
Unfortunately, my shed flooded, and the big bike is pinned on its stand between the wall and the tractor, which is locked in ice half way up the tires. Gonna be a while before it gets out.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
seen LOTS of bikes out on the highway yesterday between Beach Corner and Wabamun.

vrscr43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the highways are in rough shape.
A nice relaxing highway rip is getting to be a thing of the past...

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still pretty cold around Grande Prairie. Lots of rocks on the corners so still holding off from taking a rip. Hoping for double digit temps to go for a rip.

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanted to ride in to work this morning. Still too cold. Maybe tomorrow, I hope! Next week looks like a complete write off.

Top Bottom