Iron Aero Sea-Doo Spark river hull.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i was thinking.

Ive seen guys just get the stainless wear ring and send it in the river.

The stock intake grate has openings far larger than the pump can process, rocks can and will get stuck in between the impeller blades, if they do manage to get through the impeller they will get smashed between the back of the impeller and the vanes in the stator.

Same issue the minijet boats were running into with the 159mm pumps behind the supercharged 4-tec motors, some hull builders were building fairly open grates for higher performance and better top speeds, which worked great until the boat met its first gravel bar.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stock intake grate has openings far larger than the pump can process, rocks can and will get stuck in between the impeller blades, if they do manage to get through the impeller they will get smashed between the back of the impeller and the vanes in the stator.

Same issue the minijet boats were running into with the 159mm pumps behind the supercharged 4-tec motors, some hull builders were building fairly open grates for higher performance and better top speeds, which worked great until the boat met its first gravel bar.
I think id try to avoid hitting gravel bars.

Probably just stick to lakes to be honest haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys also will modify the intake i think, put some sort of screen on it to filter out the large gravel chunks

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, but most mini's top out at about 60-70mph, the PWC pumps are axial flow "volume" style pumps built for acceleration, not top speed.
Seadoo sparks are also very maneuverable, they turn on a dime.

Boats not so much, those minis are probably better than a big boat, but wont be any thing like a spark as far a maneuverability goes

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, but most mini's top out at about 60-70mph, the PWC pumps are axial flow "volume" style pumps built for acceleration, not top speed.
Spark only does about 80kmh. They only have 90hp.

They arent like the supercharged seadoos.

Way lighter though

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seadoo sparks are also very maneuverable, they turn on a dime.

Boats not so much, those minis are probably better than a big boat, but wont be any thing like a spark as far a maneuverability goes

That's the nature of a fairly flat delta pad hull required to run shallow. Most mini's are probably half way between a seadoo and a big jet boat though, I can go from stopped to on plane in under 30ft, and I can turn much quicker, because of a better hull shape with more strakes and significantly less mass to change direction.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You know how many I’ve seen on the river plugged up? Lots! Stock you be dumb to take them on the river. Not a matter of if it’s when it’s going to leave you stranded

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No idea, but I will investigate.

You can get a standard Sea-Doo spark (60HP) for $6500 new and then flash it to 110hp.

That is what I know so far.
That would be a fk of a flash on a NA motor.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be a fk of a flash on a NA motor.

Not that rare of a flash, but premium fuel required.. The motor is also available with 180 hp (boasted) in other factory applications. Engine can handle software 60 to 110 hp is a very cheap mod. Finding a Spark for sale at a reasonable price this summer is tough.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that rare of a flash, but premium fuel required.. The motor is also available with 180 hp (boasted) in other factory applications. Engine can handle software 60 to 110 hp is a very cheap mod. Finding a Spark for sale at a reasonable price this summer is tough.
Crazy that brp has the motor that detuned that 90-110hp is there and effectively hidden in the 60hp version.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True story. On mine it has 2 modes. Touring 65hp and sport mode 90hp. And at 90hp it is still pretty detuned. You can flash them up to 130hp on Race gas or something like that.

Top Bottom