Interesting hurricaine Sandy fallout

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This spring I flew to Florida and bought a used 2011 F-350 dually. When I got to the border at Coutts and told the customs officer I am importing this truck. He said where did you get it, I said Florida he said your not bringing any barnacles into Canada are you? I just looked at him probably with a stunned look, couldn't figure out why he said that. He said ya really some people are bringing vehicles to Canada that were in hurricane Katrina and had barnacles stuck to them. He said should I look under yours? I said whatever. They never did look. He was just being a bit of a joker.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This spring I flew to Florida and bought a used 2011 F-350 dually. When I got to the border at Coutts and told the customs officer I am importing this truck. He said where did you get it, I said Florida he said your not bringing any barnacles into Canada are you? I just looked at him probably with a stunned look, couldn't figure out why he said that. He said ya really some people are bringing vehicles to Canada that were in hurricane Katrina and had barnacles stuck to them. He said should I look under yours? I said whatever. They never did look. He was just being a bit of a joker.
Hurricane Katrina was back in 2006 I think. I don't think he had anything to be worried about haha.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hurricane Katrina was back in 2006 I think. I don't think he had anything to be worried about haha.

Ya apparently there were vehicles left sitting in the water for quite a time. Insurance companies sold them off dirt cheap.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know guys. He had a smirk on his face and was being a bit of a joker. Caught me off guard. I didn't expect a border guard to be clowning around like that.

Top Bottom