Insulating a Trailer

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reviving this post.

Trailer is about done just dont know what to do for the bottom of the trailer. heater exhaust will be going out the bottom. dont have the money to do the spray in insulation on the bottom

i have a bunch of the rigid insulation thinking about using but thinking it would just get saturated with water during the year.

Thought about getting something to basically seal off the bottom of the trailer but dont know if that would work or what really to use.

I figure its a good idea to insulate the bottom. What has everyone else done?

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
reviving this post.

Trailer is about done just dont know what to do for the bottom of the trailer. heater exhaust will be going out the bottom. dont have the money to do the spray in insulation on the bottom

i have a bunch of the rigid insulation thinking about using but thinking it would just get saturated with water during the year.

Thought about getting something to basically seal off the bottom of the trailer but dont know if that would work or what really to use.

I figure its a good idea to insulate the bottom. What has everyone else done?
I think insulating the bottom is a great idea… but how and what is the question..?

I’d be interested to know/see some trailers that have had this done awhile back and see how well it stood up….

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think insulating the bottom is a great idea… but how and what is the question..?

I’d be interested to know/see some trailers that have had this done awhile back and see how well it stood up….
spray foam, travel trailers do it..

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its not in the budget this year just run it as is, will still stall warm. Collect bottles till next year then spray foam it, my 2 bits

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait until you can afford spray foam then it is sealed and no moisture or salt can get above it and rot everything ,holds up good to rocks, i even spray foamed my wheel wells and it held up for 7 years, I should have done the wheel wells again last year but I forgot until just now :rolleyes:

jonsnow

Reaction score
I put 2” sm under mine . 3 years ago . Glued and screws with large plastic washers. No problems . I have been down lots of gravel roads. No issues. Just make sure you fit it tight.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a guy to spray foam the under belly on my featherlite and it’s still in great shape after about 12 years or so . Made a huge difference for holding heat

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skin it with coroplast or puck board, if spray in is not in your budget. Any time you can still create an air gap like that it will help create a buffer from the cold and give you some return on warmth.

Reactions: RJP
Top Bottom