Imigration to rise to 450,000 a year

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People have different ways of evaluating political performance. Yours is clearly based on dollars, others may have alternative performance measures.

It wasn't a cumulative surplus, it was a one year surplus. The cumulative deficit was huge over that 8 years. However, that included the recovery from the worst recession since the 30's.

The fact is it is tough to accomplish much for your people when you are financially strapped . While I agree there is more ways to measure a prime minister than just $ and cents , let me put it to you this way ...

Finances are JTs strong suit ....lol
His arrogance / incompetence/ and obvious bias towards the east also represents his monumental shortcomings ...

Not to mention his sense of entitlement.
While displaying a rather grand opinion of himself , rather than focusing on the people who he represents...

His father was a terrible man , the son could be worse ...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have your opinion and I have mine. You are acting like Harper was an angel and I like to call a spade a spade. JT has become the Joker in the pile of cards. I am not scared to call it the way it is regardless who is in power. Anyway, again like an idiot I get sucked into trying to have somewhat of a civil discussion of our political issues but again one gets insulted. I am far from gullible Mr.

You really need a thicker skin to discuss politics on the web ! Really ... You are offended by those comments?
Look , I know you despised Harper and preferred a change to JT ... I GET THAT !!
The fact I totally disagree, does not mean that I am personally insulting you... Wow ! If IMO I think you believe JT is the same as Harper , yes I do think you are gullible... Note key word l.

I disagree ,and I am offended that you seem to think all politicians are the same and to quote you .. We are screwed either way "
I may not agree with you , but I am proud to say that I consider some of our Canadian leaders great gentlemen.

I could not imagine being that pessimistic ,that no matter who is in power ,their only motive is to rip me off....
Once again this is not to offend you , it is simply my opinion ... Should you disagree with it , does not transition it to a personnel insult against you .

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fact is it is tough to accomplish much for your people when you are financially strapped . While I agree there is more ways to measure a prime minister than just $ and cents , let me put it to you this way ...

Finances are JTs strong suit ....lol
His arrogance / incompetence/ and obvious bias towards the east also represents his monumental shortcomings ...

Not to mention his sense of entitlement.
While displaying a rather grand opinion of himself , rather than focusing on the people who he represents...

His father was a terrible man , the son could be worse ...!

There is no doubt that both of the Trudeau's have had a hate on for western Canada. There is plenty of video out there backing that up. They both feel that Quebec is the center of the universe which is quite obviously a sick joke. Everyone knows that Alberta, Ontario and BC are the engine that keeps Canada at the top in the world's view. I will say one thing about Notley and I absolutely detest that hag as well but at least she is true to her mandate. We may not like it here in Alberta but she is implementing everything she said she would in her election platform. Now Turdeau is all together a different bird. He has basically done nothing for this country like he said he would and just tripled the deficit he planned to run and its only his first year. He is a car with no headlights wandering through the night attracted only to flashbulbs.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harper was one of the better Prime Ministers in our time in my opinion. Here is why I believe that. He believed in investing in our country. He was revered by the world leaders of the G7 for how well he steered Canada through the financial crisis of 2008. He believed in western Canada because that is where he is from and he knows that is where most of Canada's wealth is generated.. Trudeau believes that Prime Ministers should only come from Quebec. Harper believed in security and standing beside his allies when things got ugly. His word was gold. Trudeau does not. He thinks ISIS and Al Queda are people we can negotiate with? When you negotiate with a snake you do it with a gun. Harper believes in the right to bear arms. Trudeau is already starting to waiver on that. Here's where Harper went wrong. He hated the media because, like we are finding out now in the US and in Canada during our election , the media is biased to the left in these 2 countries. He was anal retentive and obsessive in having his nose into everything in regards to the affairs of Canada. I really can't blame him. If you are going to take crap for everything that goes wrong then you should at least deserve it. He did not resonate with young people like Trudeau does I will give him that. However if I had the choice of having a grownup or a preteen running MY country then I choose the grown up.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to throw a little wood on the smoldering mess....robots...given time theyll replace us all...what about the professional drivers that will be outa work....is gona be a big 3rd world welfare state...
https://www.thestar.com/business/20...-as-robots-are.html?google_editors_picks=true

speak of the devil.....

bottom line is l don't know where these jobs are gona come from for immigrants when Canadians cant even find meaningful employment

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just to throw a little wood on the smoldering mess....robots...given time theyll replace us all...what about the professional drivers that will be outa work....is gona be a big 3rd world welfare state...
https://www.thestar.com/business/20...-as-robots-are.html?google_editors_picks=true

speak of the devil.....

bottom line is l don't know where these jobs are gona come from for immigrants when Canadians cant even find meaningful employment
I read somewhere Fort McMurray workers are worried they may lose jobs to self driving trucks? Its coming and its real. John Deere has technology now where the combine operator can take control of the tractor pulling the grain cart for dumping on the go. Technology is running humans out of work and our Prime Minister is bringing hundreds of thousands of unskilled workers into our country in the coming years? How is a Canadian kid coming out of university supposed to find a job with unemployment surely to rise even higher in coming years?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I read somewhere Fort McMurray workers are worried they may lose jobs to self driving trucks? Its coming and its real. John Deere has technology now where the combine operator can take control of the tractor pulling the grain cart for dumping on the go. Technology is running humans out of work and our Prime Minister is bringing hundreds of thousands of unskilled workers into our country in the coming years? How is a Canadian kid coming out of university supposed to find a job with unemployment surely to rise even higher in coming years?
Komatsu has operatorless haul trucks..... Someone up there bought a bunch of them, apparently they've already blown the suspension out of one or more units and they aren't sure it can be rebuilt may have to be replaced.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our most powerful 21st-century technologies – robotics, genetic engineering, and nanotech – are threatening to make humans an endangered species.

The link is to a interesting article from wired magazine, written in 2000. Why the future doesn't need us:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtosbwn47QAhXJqFQKHeG_DKQQFggmMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wired.com%2F2000%2F04%2Fjoy-2%2F&usg=AFQjCNGfsCoAR-v353sooCIEeos1rbxvwA&sig2=k7utzhGfuRjwgXNJsUBp8w

Last edited:

LSPC187

Reaction score
Be really... Where do we go? Thats what i want to know.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey I have think skin trust me as you don't run a business without one. But my problem is that just because we don't agree and certain political issues, its not necessary to insult a person. We can still disagree but be civil and respectable to one another. Anyway, I will say it again, not going to comment on politics again.

You really need a thicker skin to discuss politics on the web ! Really ... You are offended by those comments?
Look , I know you despised Harper and preferred a change to JT ... I GET THAT !!
The fact I totally disagree, does not mean that I am personally insulting you... Wow ! If IMO I think you believe JT is the same as Harper , yes I do think you are gullible... Note key word l.

I disagree ,and I am offended that you seem to think all politicians are the same and to quote you .. We are screwed either way "
I may not agree with you , but I am proud to say that I consider some of our Canadian leaders great gentlemen.

I could not imagine being that pessimistic ,that no matter who is in power ,their only motive is to rip me off....
Once again this is not to offend you , it is simply my opinion ... Should you disagree with it , does not transition it to a personnel insult against you .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Robots are going to be putting a LOT of people out of work no matter who is the PM. Lots of big changes coming this century.

My question is what are they going to do with all these people? Just feed them and let them sit around and do nothing, or get rid of them.

Top Bottom