If That Tesla Battery Could Talk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
He paused, “I weigh 1,000 pounds, and as you see, I am about the size of a travel trunk. I contain 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds cobalt, 200 pounds of copper, and 400 pounds of aluminum, steel, and plastic. Inside me are 6,831 individual lithium-ion cells.
“It should concern you that all those toxic components come from mining. For instance, to manufacture EACH auto battery like me, you must process 25,000 pounds of brine for the lithium, 30,000 pounds of ore for the cobalt, 5,000 pounds of ore for the nickel, and 25,000 pounds of ore for copper. All told, you dig up 500,000 pounds of the earth’s crust for just. one. battery.
“I mentioned disease and child labor a moment ago. Here’s why. Sixty-eight percent of the world’s cobalt, a significant part of a battery, comes from the Congo. Their mines have no pollution controls, and they employ children who die from handling this toxic material. Should we factor in these diseased kids as part of the cost of driving an electric car?”

RCLUTZ.COM
Let’s imagine what an EV battery could tell us about its reality. A short story. H/T Graeme Weber

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He paused, “I weigh 1,000 pounds, and as you see, I am about the size of a travel trunk. I contain 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds cobalt, 200 pounds of copper, and 400 pounds of aluminum, steel, and plastic. Inside me are 6,831 individual lithium-ion cells.
“It should concern you that all those toxic components come from mining. For instance, to manufacture EACH auto battery like me, you must process 25,000 pounds of brine for the lithium, 30,000 pounds of ore for the cobalt, 5,000 pounds of ore for the nickel, and 25,000 pounds of ore for copper. All told, you dig up 500,000 pounds of the earth’s crust for just. one. battery.
“I mentioned disease and child labor a moment ago. Here’s why. Sixty-eight percent of the world’s cobalt, a significant part of a battery, comes from the Congo. Their mines have no pollution controls, and they employ children who die from handling this toxic material. Should we factor in these diseased kids as part of the cost of driving an electric car?”

RCLUTZ.COM
Let’s imagine what an EV battery could tell us about its reality. A short story. H/T Graeme Weber
now you know that there is no place for logic when it comes to saving the planet. Its like swimming in the ocean, it all looks nice on the surface but down below fish are fighting for their lives

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But like it doesn't cost anything to charge and look how many virtue signaling 'likes' I got on the gram when I posted my new EV.

Although can someone tell me how they went from 85,000 lbs to 500,000 lbs of ore in their little blurb? Seems like liberal math.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But like it doesn't cost anything to charge and look how many virtue signaling 'likes' I got on the gram when I posted my new EV.

Although can someone tell me how they went from 85,000 lbs to 500,000 lbs of ore in their little blurb? Seems like liberal math.

I’m guessing the other 400,000+ lbs is dirts that’s covering all the raw materials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a perpetual battle of skewing facts of what is true or not between ICEs and EVs.
Without decades of data it will be hard to quantify the environmental impact of EVs, the same as what it's taken for ICEs to come under such scrutiny.

Just my 2 cents

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a perpetual battle of skewing facts of what is true or not between ICEs and EVs.
Without decades of data it will be hard to quantify the environmental impact of EVs, the same as what it's taken for ICEs to come under such scrutiny.

Just my 2 cents
Agreed 100% just need some real "cradle to grave" emissions impacts so we can interpret this. The clean agenda is pushed so hard that it defies all the rules and actual math.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you hate mining I have some bad news about every piece of metal you’ve ever seen in your life….

That’s a topic that younger generations cannot seem to fathom. The topics is reality.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1666893921428.png

Top Bottom