Identity theft?

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
A situation came up at work this week. A guy who was abolished due to budget cuts back in March has been sending emails to upper management & a lot of individuals within the organization about discrimination, racism, playing the victim card & throwing everyone under the bus. It obviously wasn’t getting much traction or a response to his demands/ accusations.

So this week, he created an email with yahoo using my name. He sent a large group all of the prior emails he sent but signed by him.

By definition this is identity theft in Alberta, using my name to create an email account, potentially damaging my reputation. I don’t know his motivation other than trying to gain an audience or someone to look at his email that would not have. I am planning on filing a police report tomorrow- wondering if it will amount to anything?

I never had any real issues with him, strange guy & didn’t really know what he did but seemed like the obvious choice for abolishment within my peer group.

Has anyone experienced this? Any success if so? I’m going to file the report because this pisses me off and I will probably never run into this guy to teach him what being a man is all about.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. Todays cry at the sky crowd strikes again. Good luck with your problem. Hopefully the police charge him or scare the hell out of him at the very least.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a petty individual, the company is better off without him.

I wouldn't expect much to come of the RCMP getting involved though, I'm not sure this really meets the criteria of identity theft, more a civil matter under libel or slander. Maybe try contacting Yahoo and have the email address suspended?

Does the company you work for have a lawyer? They probably should, I would talk to management about having the company lawyer send this clown a cease and desist letter.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Get management involved, and they can get company lawyers involved. I'd still contact the police, as they will investigate. They obviously terminated the
proper employee. He must be a die-hard Lieberal, and blames everyone else, but himself, for his shortcomings, and attempts to throw everyone under the bus
since he was the chosen termination.

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get management involved, and they can get company lawyers involved. I'd still contact the police, as they will investigate. They obviously terminated the
proper employee. He must be a die-hard Lieberal, and blames everyone else, but himself, for his shortcomings, and attempts to throw everyone under the bus
since he was the chosen termination.
Had a couple meetings today, lawyers are involved with cease and desist and more that I am not privy to, labour relations is investigating and I will be filing a report after work with city police. Definitely a liberal -praised our Prime Minister for apologizing to a certain group as an example of how we should all be... lol

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
update: Calgary city police did not view this as identity theft, creating an email using someone’s name is not illegal provided it’s not a scam / money taking scheme, no report filed. I ended up reporting this to Yahoo but I don’t think that will amount to much.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh perfect, get the officers name and email..get his partners too. Whip up a couple new email and send each partner a email stating your banging his wife.
shouldn’t matter it’s not identity theft.

You can't be serious, of course it's not identity theft. You do realize you don't own the rights to your name and that in most cases more then 1 person has exactly the same name? Nowhere did he say the guy was pretending to be him in the email, only using the same name. What you are proposing IS a crime for various reasons.

It is a petty and stupid thing to do, but it's not illegal in anyway.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right…you best re read what rsmorin1 wrote in the first post and yes I’m serious, fringing cops should start doing there jobs…creating a fake email to spread items as someone else is a crime, maybe there to busy chasing down a vehicle with a canadian flag for terrorism.

rsmorin1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are what I had found that I was hoping would substantiate my claim.

Considering that he was deliberately using my name (as the email address)I was hoping it would be enough. Regardless it pissed me off but f’ all I can do about it.

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right…you best re read what rsmorin1 wrote in the first post and yes I’m serious, fringing cops should start doing there jobs…creating a fake email to spread items as someone else is a crime, maybe there to busy chasing down a vehicle with a canadian flag for terrorism.

You should re-read what he wrote at no point did he say he ever claimed to be that person he started an email address with the name, BIG difference it's an ASSUMPTION he was trying to pose as him. If someone makes an email bobjoe@gmail.com and someone named bob joe goes like you are "omg it's identity theft that's MY NAME", it doesn't mean anything. For all you know the email is for a bo b. joe or a million other things or someone with exactly the same name. It's not identity theft, not even close.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are what I had found that I was hoping would substantiate my claim.

Considering that he was deliberately using my name (as the email address)I was hoping it would be enough. Regardless it pissed me off but f’ all I can do about it.

You can find him, beat him, hog tie him and drop him off at goose tower. The grizzly bears will take care of the rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should re-read what he wrote at no point did he say he ever claimed to be that person he started an email address with the name, BIG difference it's an ASSUMPTION he was trying to pose as him. If someone makes an email bobjoe@gmail.com and someone named bob joe goes like you are "omg it's identity theft that's MY NAME", it doesn't mean anything. For all you know the email is for a bo b. joe or a million other things or someone with exactly the same name. It's not identity theft, not even close.
Wow, maybe rsmorin1 can chime in. He sounds violated and I believe the guy was impersonating him. The dude was clearly claiming to be rsmorin1.
I’m with tmo1620, beat him and hang em out to dry. Not interested in your lefty ways.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, maybe rsmorin1 can chime in. He sounds violated and I believe the guy was impersonating him. The dude was clearly claiming to be rsmorin1.
I’m with tmo1620, beat him and hang em out to dry. Not interested in your lefty ways.

You mean the law? Wow are you dense. I'm the furthest thing from a lefty. The law is the law. It doesn't care about someone's feelings.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like I don’t care about yours! Someone on the right side would get what I’m saying…you clearly don’t.

Last edited:
Top Bottom