Ideas on how to collect payment from a dead beat customer...

megan_myne

Reaction score
Do the small claims court, then you have documentation. Make sure to draft up a letter and send it to him/her and give the payment date in full or you will take them to small claims. Make sure it is sent via registered mail so you have a copy.

Make sure to put a lien on house/car/truck/etc you only have a short time to file so do that fast.

Also you can do the phone calls to do a "friendly reminder" daily to work or home. A nice reminder on facebook also works.

And you can go to a collection agency. It will hurt his/her credit rating and has lasting effects.

Also remember that all of this will cost money to you and for only $700 it might not be worth it in the long run to collect "your money" but you will be teaching him/her a lesson.

FYI - some collection agency's will accept the amount without interest if paid in full on date requested from them so you for sure will never see the full amount owed to you.

Good luck I hope you get your money. Cash up front is usually a good thing, but is sometimes really difficult to collect on for a fee for service type job.

Brojoe

Reaction score
I have some forms at the office that I could send your way. They look like official lien forms. Scares the one who don't know how to screw they system into paying or a least making arrangements to pay

Top Bottom