I love Alberta-Updated

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a bit of an update regarding this fiasco.
The motorcycle is currently registered in Alberta. I have had it in to Argyll FOUR times due to the motorcycle not running. Each time, the CDI unit had to be replaced. This motorcycle has not even reached the mileage for the first service at 750 km. This is not a motorcycle that I would be afraid to ride any distance due to electrical failure.
So, I went to Argyll to have this motorcycle replaced. They were willing to give $1,000 for this motorcycle-book value is close to $4,000. Of course, I do not plan to accept this offer.
I think that Argyll should replace this motorcycle, as I feel that they sold me a defective unit.
I am spreading the word about this.

Call the trouble shooter ...that should get things moving for ya

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
I did go back to Argyll on Saturday. I will be getting a new motorcycle for $1500. They recognize that there was a problem, but this is the best solution that they can offer. I am wiling to live with this.
At least the problem child will be gone.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a bit of an update regarding this fiasco.
The motorcycle is currently registered in Alberta. I have had it in to Argyll FOUR times due to the motorcycle not running. Each time, the CDI unit had to be replaced. This motorcycle has not even reached the mileage for the first service at 750 km. This is not a motorcycle that I would be afraid to ride any distance due to electrical failure.
So, I went to Argyll to have this motorcycle replaced. They were willing to give $1,000 for this motorcycle-book value is close to $4,000. Of course, I do not plan to accept this offer.
I think that Argyll should replace this motorcycle, as I feel that they sold me a defective unit.
I am spreading the word about this.

id go the media as someone else already suggested... then a lawyer...

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would contact yamaha rep and demand them and dealer sort out and replace for free. What a pain in azz. The fact you have been dealing with this for EVER sucks big time. Yamaha stands behind there product as well or better than most and you may wanna try that route. Good luck but I wouldn't be giving them a fn penny!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bought a new bike, Registry voided warranty, took bike back to vending dealer and they charged you for an inspection which the bike failed? Then they charged you for repairs on the defective bike they sold you? If this story is true word for word, Dealer needs a swift kick in the nuts.

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
Yes, I think that Argyll does need a wake-up call. The motorcycle has a total of 560 km on it, and the CDI had been replaced FOUR times, and it has failed again. I did send a message to Yamaha Canada, but did not get a reply.
I have cancelled insurance on this motorcycle-and had to pay $183 to cancel it. Argyll will take the motorcycle back, but I have to pay them $1,000 to do so.
The service department at Argyll suggested that I put full coverage on this motorcycle, and then set it on fire. Obviously, this is illegal, and I will not do this.
If this was the United States, I would have coverage under the vehicle lemon act-but there is no such law in Canada. All I can do now is scrap the motorcycle, and get a new one-from Albert Cycle (NOT Argyll).

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
You bought a new bike, Registry voided warranty, took bike back to vending dealer and they charged you for an inspection which the bike failed? Then they charged you for repairs on the defective bike they sold you? If this story is true word for word, Dealer needs a swift kick in the nuts.
Previous messages in this train included scanned copies of the voided NVIS and failed inspection report.

Top Bottom