I have to get up to Turnagain

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After riding Whistler and seeing just how vast it is. i got looking at the map, and I need an earth roamer and spend a season or 2 in Alaska....

Some of that is national park, but lots looks like game on...

Screenshot_20210415-075027_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your starting to be more like me HAHA, i'm starting to like your adventurous heart.
I have rode Turnagain and Haines junction in that neck of the woods. Most awesome sledding, don't forget to ride Stewart, one of my fav. most breath taking scenery.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I told Ashley Chaffin when she grabbed her sleds from the dealership Alaska was on my bucket list for riding and she offered to tour me around if I made the trip. I told her she better bring her Dad because I doubt I could keep up to her riding style. HaHa! Amazing vast areas of riding up there.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your starting to be more like me HAHA, i'm starting to like your adventurous heart.
I have rode Turnagain and Haines junction in that neck of the woods. Most awesome sledding, don't forget to ride Stewart, one of my fav. most breath taking scenery.

I've wanted to ride Alaska for a long time , I couldnt do a short trip though, it would have to be for 2 or 3 month at least kind of deal.

:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I told Ashley Chaffin when she grabbed her sleds from the dealership Alaska was on my bucket list for riding and she offered to tour me around if I made the trip. I told her she better bring her Dad because I doubt I could keep up to her riding style. HaHa! Amazing vast areas of riding up there.

Yeah it looks and sounds huge from the Alaska riders I've talked to.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually met Jimmy Blaze one year, he was riding a Nytro and is the only dude i have ever seen back flip a Nytro...crazy

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually met Jimmy Blaze one year, he was riding a Nytro and is the only dude i have ever seen back flip a Nytro...crazy

Jimmy Blaze! That guys awesome.

I love that kind of riding, sunshine, big crew, tons of jumps, everyone sending it....

For exploring or tree riding I like 3 to 5 man crew.

Jumping 6 - 15 person crew is awesome.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At Haines Junction i dragged race with Chad from CR-racing in late 90's, when he was building his custom triples.
The last year i raced there was in the early 2000 and the first turbo RX1 kicked our arses all weekend long. That essentially brought an end to Chads custom triples and started an new era in custom 4 stroke monsters. Good times, lots of fun.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Shhhh

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My most humble apology, i velcro'd my lips.

Funny how time goes, that was 20yrs ago. Most those guys are getting old, including my self, now doing a simple drop off a 6footer gets the heart going, rag dolling just doesn't feel the same, getting up is SLOOOW, LOL

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My most humble apology, i velcro'd my lips.

Funny how time goes, that was 20yrs ago. Most those guys are getting old, including my self, now doing a simple drop off a 6footer gets the heart going, rag dolling just doesn't feel the same, getting up is SLOOOW, LOL

I try not to rag doll too much I dont like the hospital.

I'm not 20 any more either, but been doing it so long I feel pretty comfortable up to a certain point.

Its more about the landing then anything else, given a good landing you can go pretty big safely.

Whistler has all kinds of landings, and turnagain looks like it might even be better!

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I try not to rag doll too much I dont like the hospital.

I'm not 20 any more either, but been doing it so long I feel pretty comfortable up to a certain point.

It more about the landing then anything else, given a good landing you can go pretty big safely.

Whistler has all kinds of landings, and turnagain looks like it might even be better!

Rag dolling isn't my favorite either LOL
I rode with Wild Bill last year in Blue Lake, just him and i. He's kinda of a seleb in Sicamous area, anyhow up back of the lake there is the 200hp hill/chute. We were both at the top and off he goes off the 12-15ft corniche, down the 200. "F" me seriously, it actually turned out great, perfect landing and lots of high 5's, but i thought i'm "faucked". It had been a long time since i pulled that type of drop, it felt awesome but now kinda gone back to my old chicken poop ways, maybe i need to hookup with Bill again LOL.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rag dolling isn't my favorite either LOL
I rode with Wild Bill last year in Blue Lake, just him and i. He's kinda of a seleb in Sicamous area, anyhow up back of the lake there is the 200hp hill/chute. We were both at the top and off he goes off the 12-15ft corniche, down the 200. "F" me seriously, it actually turned out great, perfect landing and lots of high 5's, but i thought i'm "faucked". It had been a long time since i pulled that type of drop, it felt awesome but now kinda gone back to my old chicken poop ways, maybe i need to hookup with Bill again LOL.

That's why it's nice to have a jumping crew, you kind of feed off others energy. One guy hits something, then you do it too, maybe go a bit bigger and so on until someones doing back flips haha

Top Bottom