I guess we will need a new Matryx 900 section tomorrow?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So much hate in this thread ???? why so angry skidoo guys? Its just a 900 cc for the guys that don't want turbos, people comparing it to a 900 built 16 years ago... wtf is wrong with some of you guys. Is it cuz skidoo didn't come out with a 900 option this year ? What is it that makes you guys so mad to condemn something that's not even out yet for the masses?
It’s fun to stir the pot a bit.😁
On a serious note tho, Hypothetically, How many doo guys would rush out, and get a 1000 etec twin on its first year?😬

Regardless, it’s cool to think that the bore wars are in play.

From what I remember, cat had decent luck with their 900 and their 1000. I’m Wondering what cat may, or may not release

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we’re all pretty excited about more cc, cause we know they are going to bolt a turbo on it soon as it’s holding together.

Arctic cat seemed to have the most reliable big twins in the past. The 900s really loved the nitrous, and pulled like a freight train.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still running my old carls 910, gotta love big bores lol. Unfortunately the old 910 is only equivalent to the new 850..maybe? Sounds better though 🤣.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s fun to stir the pot a bit.😁
On a serious note tho, Hypothetically, How many doo guys would rush out, and get a 1000 etec twin on its first year?😬

Regardless, it’s cool to think that the bore wars are in play.

From what I remember, cat had decent luck with their 900 and their 1000. I’m Wondering what cat may, or may not release
I would. That old rt was a pig. But it made torque

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddys crossfire 1000 eats nitrous all day long lol had to add extra motor mount it was twisting so much it would spit the belt off shes a sasky rocket, cat def had the best big cc motors

powwow

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He has at least 30 more prebooked sleds compared to his allocation numbers and even then some guys will not be able to order what they want. I wanted e-start so the guy let me know what he is allocated with e-start. had to tell him right then if I want one. Otherwise I won't get one from him. Remember not too may years ago when I guy could take a few weeks to think about it.
Nothing like pressure sales.

powpounder

Reaction score
Max I hope u get paid from skidoo for ur key board yap….cuz if don’t lol F

On the other hand I’m sure u learned how to ride those hard core creek beds from watch Polaris sleds all day on boondockers vids 10 years ago
It’s funny how u yap on hear like u invented sledding hard core ways. lol F
I think I will stick to the big names in the business for my info. Not some dude that posts none stop about skidoos on snow and mud
It’s getting old and all played out with u
Well said!!!

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A 900, with -(TWIN pipes)- and a 3” -155” track….Pull start
Would actual rip, and be quite the weapon for sure

But it’s the boost for me at this point,
unless a1000cc comes out one day lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not lame, its great for all the NA guys. But its not going to compete with a new turbo in the mountains.

I know it’s not lame, you missed the sarcasm in there lol. I personally would buy it over a turbo. I think it’s funny how ski doo guys say the na ski doo has a 165hp and now the Polaris has 137hp like some how the doo doesn’t loose hp in elevation. Just scared to admit they’re not as innovative they think.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it’s not lame, you missed the sarcasm in there lol. I personally would buy it over a turbo. I think it’s funny how ski doo guys say the na ski doo has a 165hp and now the Polaris has 137hp like some how the doo doesn’t loose hp in elevation. Just scared to admit they’re not as innovative they think.

no lol, i totally understand the NA skidoo would be down at those low numbers at elevation. Been doing this a long time. I get it, i know how it works

All im saying is for the money the 900R does not make sense if you ride at altitude in deep snow. Considering the boosted models run like N/A machines now, have the same warranty, there is no drawbacks to them

one machine offers you 7% more power, one offers 35% more power for a very similar price

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone got a little hostile over the 900r. I’m pretty sure we all accept the 900 should be an improvement over the 850.

Just kinda curious where everyone went that was all over last year cheering about how bad ass the boost was. Now, they get an extra 50cc, and suddenly everyone wants one cause it’s going to be better in the trees than a turbo with no lag?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the Muskoka vid where 800 cat trounces the turbo doo must really keep you up at night ...
Say it ain't so! Impossible they say....I have seen it too. Many times it is the rider, many times it is the snow just sinks a heavier sled and many times it is just too technical of a slope and the heavier sled just can't hold the line. HP is nice but not always the winning point. Where we ride these conditions are most often the deciding factor. I do realize Maxwell and Snowflake won't be able to comprehend it, and that is fine. They can ride open faces like we did in the 90's.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone got a little hostile over the 900r. I’m pretty sure we all accept the 900 should be an improvement over the 850.

Just kinda curious where everyone went that was all over last year cheering about how bad ass the boost was. Now, they get an extra 50cc, and suddenly everyone wants one cause it’s going to be better in the trees than a turbo with no lag?
Everything that I've read up and watched on the 9R, it does sound neat, time on the snow will tell.

But I also find it hilarious how hard they are bashing on the bottom end of the 850 boost isn't any good in the trees.

Well maybe if poolaris used a fuel Injection technology that wasn't 15 ish years old it wouldn't be as boggy.

Doo gave up on SDI in their 600's in the mid 2000 if I rember right.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no lol, i totally understand the NA skidoo would be down at those low numbers at elevation. Been doing this a long time. I get it, i know how it works

All im saying is for the money the 900R does not make sense if you ride at altitude in deep snow. Considering the boosted models run like N/A machines now, have the same warranty, there is no drawbacks to them

one machine offers you 7% more power, one offers 35% more power for a very similar price

WHAT? Cost, Complexity, Fuel and Oil consumption, Weight, Turbo lag. And if you don't feel much lag now it is because you don't have much boost now. Wait till the higher Doo boost model gets nice heavy clutch weights and see if you notice the lag before boost is built.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m excited for the new 9r. Fresh meat for the Alpha to spank! The turbos are just out of reach for a tuned alpha but the 9r will be ripe for breaking some hearts. Chrisco you should get one, I miss spanking your n/a 850. lol.

Top Bottom