I feel dirty but I rode a Polaris boost matryx

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got to see a lynx in person,the rear skid is something else. Kinda cool
The Lynx rides half way between the Doo and the Polaris. Certainly smooth on the bumps. Holds a much better sidehill than the Doo and those wider skis are way better to reduce diving. If I had a Doo I would put the Lynx skis on first thing. Even backing up is way better. The Lynx is just a tad heavy but as you have better control it is hidden in many instances.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Lynx rides half way between the Doo and the Polaris. Certainly smooth on the bumps. Holds a much better sidehill than the Doo and those wider skis are way better to reduce diving. If I had a Doo I would put the Lynx skis on first thing. Even backing up is way better. The Lynx is just a tad heavy but as you have better control it is hidden in many instances.
I think it may depend on the rider about the diving thing. Been watching these younger guy's videos and seems to me they down right love the diving. LOL

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddies Boost got a heli ride today due to a failed quickdrive belt.

Sled is just shy of 2000k's and the issues so far:
- Ongoing issues with 'low fuel pressure' on big climbs, usually below a half tank. Modifications to the pickup have helped. Pumps on backorder till summer. Next step is to retrofit some parts store pump if it continues.
- Bogging in really deep pow. Added 4 slp powder valves to the airbox. Jury is still out if it has remedied it.
- Failed quikdrive belt. Belts on backorder until summer. Still on original cvt belt.
- Gone through several ski rubbers. Now at 'customization' stage. He did install the Zbros a arms right out of the box, which appears to change the spindle angle, so that may contribute, but this is a common Polaris issue.
- Added some more attachment point for the center switch console.
Other then the issues above, it's pretty consistent and is an impressive performer.

600k's on my 22 tdoo:
- Fuel gauge resets to zero on most restarts. Sometimes get a low fuel alarm momentarily.
- Clutching is way off. Adding some weight has helped, but it is just a temporary band-aid and still needs a bunch of work.
- Altimeter has 'stuck' at high altitude a couple times when coming down the trail. It appears to maintain a higher boost level when this happens.
- Aftermarket LED headlight failed. A couple seasons old, so could be coincidental, but it's on the turbo side, and judging by how warm the storage bag is, I think things are pretty toasty under hood.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

- Ongoing issues with 'low fuel pressure' on big climbs, usually below a half tank. Modifications to the pickup have helped. Pumps on backorder till summer. Next step is to retrofit some parts store pump.
- Bogging in really deep pow. Added 4 slp powder valves to the airbox. Jury is still out if it has remedied it.
- Failed quikdrive belt. Belts on backorder until summer. Still on original cvt belt.
- Gone through several ski rubbers. Now at 'customization' stage.

600k's on my 22 tdoo:
- Fuel gauge resets to zero on most restarts. Sometimes get a low fuel alarm momentarily.
- Clutching is wrong (over rev's, virtually no engine brake). Adding some weight has helped, but it still needs a bunch of work.
- Altimeter has 'stuck' at high altitude a couple times when coming down the trail. It appears to maintain a higher boost level when this happens.
- Aftermarket LED headlight failed. A couple seasons old, so could be coincidental, but it's on the turbo side, and judging by how warm the storage bag is, I think things are pretty toasty under hood.
Your buddy must be real pissed. spend$$$$ on a new boost just to have to spend more $$$$$ afterwards

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

- Ongoing issues with 'low fuel pressure' on big climbs, usually below a half tank. Modifications to the pickup have helped. Pumps on backorder till summer. Next step is to retrofit some parts store pump.
- Gone through several ski rubbers. Now at 'customization' stage.

600k's on my 22 tdoo:
- Clutching is wrong (over rev's, virtually no engine brake). Adding some weight has helped, but it still needs a bunch of work.
He had no spare QD belt and no one had a spare they could lend them to get it out.. Well he has been livin on the edge.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the only option is from Polaris how convenient (they have their own specs) that way they can charge 3 times the price of a gates

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow QD belt is on back order until Summer? Find a Gates carbon or something?
I sold my QD2 gears and belt for $600 and paid $1100 for a TKI and geared down. But the spare Polaris belt was $440 while the TKI is $150.

I would not ride without a spare, as I have 4000+ kms on mine now. A chain with that distance on it would worry me too.

The math for me was a no-brainer.

Anyway I have a Proride set of gears and belt I would sell for $400, brand new take off, if this guy or someone else needs a solution for now. The gearing is 21/44. belt is the 3211167.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I should just mention that you should not store the qd2 belt on the outside of your clutch belt in the holder thing under the hood. My buddy melted his storing it there.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I should just mention that you should not store the qd2 belt on the outside of your clutch belt in the holder thing under the hood. My buddy melted his storing it there.
That was the one spot I had heard for it. Is there another good spot? I'm thinking that next summer, when I finally receive mine, it might be going in my backpack.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have kurts gear down kits coming. No more broken belts or sprockets. Gearing is 2.38 and comes with 2 belts for $899. Also includes install tools and an ARP bottom bolt. The factory grade 8.8 bolt breaks often. The belts are also 40mm wide vs the stock belt as 36mm and tki at 36mm. Its the strongest belt in the market.

Top Bottom