I feel dirty but I rode a Polaris boost matryx

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup most people wont be sidehilling the stuff Johnny is talking about 🤣

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I watched that comment. He’s on a steep , deep slope with 146 Doo and comparing to a 155 Poo. I’m not here to say which one Sidehills better personally as I have not rode a new Poo but he needs to compare track length to track length and if his answer is the same then I will accept that. I probably have a good idea that he’s right but comparing different set up sleds isn’t a fair comparison.
im pretty sure his freeride is a 154 turbo

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched that comment. He’s on a steep , deep slope with 146 Doo and comparing to a 155 Poo. I’m not here to say which one Sidehills better personally as I have not rode a new Poo but he needs to compare track length to track length and if his answer is the same then I will accept that. I probably have a good idea that he’s right but comparing different set up sleds isn’t a fair comparison.

If it’s floatation you’re considering Ken, the 146 x 16 Doo has a slight advantage over the 155 x 15 poo track..

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I think he was on his 154 turbo. I went and looked back in his videos. Pretty sure his 146 is a NA and is a more gray colour scheme and his turbo as that brown beige colour.

All 3 brands do things better and worse than the others. It's mostly what riding you enjoy that makes a particular chassis stand out IMO, same as track length. The Doo and Poo are so different geometry wise it's not fair for me to jump on a Doo and say it sucks and visa versa. We all get to the same spot, but I have very bad instincts to ride a Doo any more. When I went from my XP to a pro it felt weird. But after I was used to the chassis and jumped back on a xp it felt way weirder than when I went to the pro. But that was 9 years a go and the G4 is a different beast but when I ride them it feels foreign compared to my Khaos. I can jump on a Cat and feel fairly comfortable as they are quite similar.

I do envy to Doo riders in some situations. It seems to me the Poo is better in situations where it needs to be on edge, the Doo is better when you are slightly off camber. It seems to just sit there where a Poo under steers so bad and wants to fall over you have to put it on edge.

When I rode with FernieSnow he could go through places were I couldn't follow his line easily. I had to basically take the hard way because the Poo isn't built to follow his type of line. On the other hand guys who like to take the hard way also do very well on a Doo.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think he was on his 154 turbo. I went and looked back in his videos. Pretty sure his 146 is a NA and is a more gray colour scheme and his turbo as that brown beige colour.

All 3 brands do things better and worse than the others. It's mostly what riding you enjoy that makes a particular chassis stand out IMO, same as track length. The Doo and Poo are so different geometry wise it's not fair for me to jump on a Doo and say it sucks and visa versa. We all get to the same spot, but I have very bad instincts to ride a Doo any more. When I went from my XP to a pro it felt weird. But after I was used to the chassis and jumped back on a xp it felt way weirder than when I went to the pro. But that was 9 years a go and the G4 is a different beast but when I ride them it feels foreign compared to my Khaos. I can jump on a Cat and feel fairly comfortable as they are quite similar.

I do envy to Doo riders in some situations. It seems to me the Poo is better in situations where it needs to be on edge, the Doo is better when you are slightly off camber. It seems to just sit there where a Poo under steers so bad and wants to fall over you have to put it on edge.

When I rode with FernieSnow he could go through places were I couldn't follow his line easily. I had to basically take the hard way because the Poo isn't built to follow his type of line. On the other hand guys who like to take the hard way also do very well on a Doo.
Well said. I have a buddy who liked his turbo doo but has said he never feels comfortable and struggles getting it to go where he wants it to in tech terrain. Just hopped on his new boost, and said he immediately felt at home. He said the power delivery was comparable. I think both sleds RIP for being stock, with warrantee. If someone thinks one is better than than the other, it's only better for their riding style.

PS..... There's only 2 brands, as there is no way in hell a AC/yami 2 stroke stock sleds will ever touch one of these. :skidoo:

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well said. I have a buddy who liked his turbo doo but has said he never feels comfortable and struggles getting it to go where he wants it to in tech terrain. Just hopped on his new boost, and said he immediately felt at home. He said the power delivery was comparable. I think both sleds RIP for being stock, with warrantee. If someone thinks one is better than than the other, it's only better for their riding style.

PS..... There's only 2 brands, as there is no way in hell a AC/yami 2 stroke stock sleds will ever touch one of these. :skidoo:
When I first rode my buddy's 2020.5 turbo it handled horribly in technical terrain to the point where I was wondering if I wanted one? Then we adjusted the rear suspension tightening up the front track shock. It made a world of a difference in handling. Now I own two Doo turbo's... would have been cheaper to not adjust it!

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya, I think Cat has their chassis in a good spot now. They have the best factory shock offerings in my opinion. And if you ignore the alpha handling and look just at the traction from that track it's hard to beat as well. Hopefully they have their clutch and other gremlins sorted out for 22. But they need to make some more power to compete with with 850T and Boost.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone in this thread think that a g4 skidoo can side hill as well as a Polaris matryx? I own both and to me it isn’t even a question.
I have not read further than this yet...... geez wonder what max will say......
Brother and I heading out Thursday.
He will be on his 2022 850T and I'll be on a Boost.
Both 165s.
We'll be swapping rides on any races as I outweigh him by about 55#.
Should be some good fun.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not read further than this yet...... geez wonder what max will say......
Brother and I heading out Thursday.
He will be on his 2022 850T and I'll be on a Boost.
Both 165s.
We'll be swapping rides on any races as I outweigh him by about 55#.
Should be some good fun.

i dont ride as hard or as steep as him so hes probably right, Way steeper mountains in Revelstoke. I Basically ride Slightly inclined meadows

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the two chassis are VERY different. You need a much different body position on both to effectively navigate a steep sidehill.

SO im told. I haven't rode the mountains yet.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the two chassis are VERY different. You need a much different body position on both to effectively navigate a steep sidehill.

SO im told. I haven't rode the mountains yet.

Maybe the sides of ditches in Alberta or Sask counts as sidehilling?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone in this thread think that a g4 skidoo can side hill as well as a Polaris matryx? I own both and to me it isn’t even a question.

No, I always said the Polaris is designed like a knife, that cuts through the snow.

I have not been on a matyrx yet, but it LOOKS to me to be even more efficient than the axys.

I find the Polaris steering odd, like I’m riding a scooter unfortunately, but I have not spent a serious amount of time on a Polaris to get used to it. So IMO it’s me not the sled.

Interesting to me that the doo turbo is doing a excellent job at keeping up to the lighter more powerful boost.
They are both sick sleds.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I think Cat has their chassis in a good spot now. They have the best factory shock offerings in my opinion. And if you ignore the alpha handling and look just at the traction from that track it's hard to beat as well. Hopefully they have their clutch and other gremlins sorted out for 22. But they need to make some more power to compete with with 850T and Boost.
Track on the Cat really leaves a bit to be desired on the others, althought I admittedly haven't spent much time on either. The Alpha is very impressive in where it will find traction, and can initiate a sidehill with zero effort. The unfortunate issue with the Alpha is how easily it can wash out. It takes a lot of skill to hold it on edge through technical terrain. I earned the nickname of squirrel because of how squirrelly she is.

I am cautiously looking forward to what the Doo will do for my riding.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Track on the Cat really leaves a bit to be desired on the others, althought I admittedly haven't spent much time on either. The Alpha is very impressive in where it will find traction, and can initiate a sidehill with zero effort. The unfortunate issue with the Alpha is how easily it can wash out. It takes a lot of skill to hold it on edge through technical terrain. I earned the nickname of squirrel because of how squirrelly she is.

I am cautiously looking forward to what the Doo will do for my riding.
Yes, I haven't spent much time on one either and have heard it can wash out. It's too bad they aren't making the same track as an Alpha but twin rail. I put the 3.0 pitch 3in power claw 162 on my Khaos when I stretched it. I really like the track and that 3.5 pitch seems to be that much better. Sitting beside mine on my truck you can see the difference, the alpha lugs are monsters.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone, but I don't know how much easier side-hilling can get than on a doo. Yes, when the snow is less than foot deep and your not right up front on the boards the back will wash out, but I find I can be surgical in the trees on a fairly steep grade if the snow is good. I would have to say the doo is easily hands down the worst sled when crossing hard snow or old tracks.

Biased option from a doo rider. :skidoo:

Top Bottom