I feel dirty but I rode a Polaris boost matryx

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Low end power on these sleds is almost funny. I did get a little dirty today . Great power on the top end a refined chassis make for a pretty cool ride . BUT the low end torque is terrible for a 850 turbocharged badass sled . Seems to me it has to be rode with a lot of speed . Downhill Alfords off boost are sure not what I expected. Probably better after the aftermarket has their way with it .
Have you considered that the Skidoo has a longer stroke and much lower gearing? I had a Polaris with QD2 and when I get another I will gear it down again as it made a nice difference.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the Matrxy Boost this weekend - very impressive I must say. It makes low end power quickly, turns that into track speed which quickly generates ground speed in a hurry. The Boost pushes harder than the doo for sure and is insanely easy to pull over into bulldog turns and sidehills. Doesn’t wash out like the doo in steeper sidehills - Polaris has a real weapon on their hands! 👍

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the Matrxy Boost this weekend - very impressive I must say. It makes low end power quickly, turns that into track speed which quickly generates ground speed in a hurry. The Boost pushes harder than the doo for sure and is insanely easy to pull over into bulldog turns and sidehills. Doesn’t wash out like the doo in steeper sidehills - Polaris has a real weapon on their hands!

I think your riding the skidoo wrong. Not sure how that’s possible but your really doing it

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
Does anyone in this thread think that a g4 skidoo can side hill as well as a Polaris matryx? I own both and to me it isn’t even a question.
Muskoka freerider just said the same thing on his video this morning.

Real talk Johnny, what's your thoughts on the 22 cat chassis vs Matryx. I have only been around a 155 hardcore but I think those Fox coil over shocks are better then the velocity imo. Feels similar but different to ride compared to my Axys.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Muskoka freerider just said the same thing on his video this morning.

Real talk Johnny, what's your thoughts on the 22 cat chassis vs Matryx. I have only been around a 155 hardcore but I think those Fox coil over shocks are better then the velocity imo. Feels similar but different to ride compared to my Axys.
I watched that comment. He’s on a steep , deep slope with 146 Doo and comparing to a 155 Poo. I’m not here to say which one Sidehills better personally as I have not rode a new Poo but he needs to compare track length to track length and if his answer is the same then I will accept that. I probably have a good idea that he’s right but comparing different set up sleds isn’t a fair comparison.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree that polaris is easier to hold a steep side hill line with. Haven't rode the matrix yet, but the Axys and even the Pro hold a really nice line.

Top Bottom