Hydro vac industry

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$185 an hour...I will use you down here LOL

We pay $150 travel time, and $250hr every day...DFI, Badger, C&K, all the same rate!

Oh, and as far as what it takes to get in with us...have a truck available when we call...first time we call and you cant provide a unit, we call the next in line and use them until they let us down. Personally I feel price is important, but I would rather pay a little more for great service and qualified workers.

Sending you a pm as I took the position. Would love an opportunity to earn your business.:)

fclark801@gmail.com

Reaction score
I'm a former Area Manager for Badger in Philadelphia, had great success with new & existing clients, basically on call 24/7 which was fine.
Customer service the key along with Integrity,Communication, Safety,and Production. Issue that still exists is internal, if you follow job boards there is constant turnover.
Company philosophy is to extract as many new contacts from managers then let them go and bring in new manager. Money was fine, field people great, biggest issue upper management. Expect a short life expectancy.
Shame of it is if I could get my hands on a few trucks I could put them to work tomorrow. Best of Luck!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On costing is $185/hr the standard rate - how much wheeling and dealing goes on re pricing?

Is there much utlisation of vac truck in agriculture?

I work for a hydro vac company out of drayton valley
We are 310pr/hr for tri drives with Swamper
About 25 bucks higher than anyone else
But all trucks running all the time
We run newer units and try to have decent operators. But ...... Well anyone in the trucking industry knows how that goes these days lots of work out there but always stay prepared for the slow days cause they will come

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been in the industry now for about 5 years but never actually went the hydro vac route - stuck to tri drive straight vacs and combos. $310 decent rate for a new hydro vac. Got to recoup that $500K plus equipment cost - big money to run new equip

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been in the industry now for about 5 years but never actually went the hydro vac route - stuck to try drive straight vacs and combos. $310 decent rate for a new hydro vac. Got to recoup that $500K plus equipment cost - big money to run new equip

By the time ours are done we are close to a mil into the build
Off-road ones closer to 1.5
nedemu8u.jpg

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the time ours are done we are close to a mil into the build

Nice - who builds those - haven't seen many in that style. More familiar with the Tornado hydro vacs. At almost a mill i'd be charging a lot more than $315 an hour - thats a lot of coin to recover.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever seen these? They call it the Supervac!

Attachments

• Supervac.jpg
    Supervac.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 212

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice - who builds those - haven't seen many in that style. More familiar with the Tornado hydro vacs. At almost a mill i'd be charging a lot more than $315 an hour - thats a lot of coin to recover.

We build out own
Start with western star glider and go from there
Got two left then we're out of gliders lol
Really like the cleaner look if the smooth sides over the standard just open tank
Think the open style looks kind of ugly

Sold one of our original three trucks last year. Was a 99 ex log truck 27000 hrs
Sold for just over 200k

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To funny. That's the same line so many anti union people use when crying about unions. Go figure.

why do you want to find the pipe, as soon as you do you are looking for a new job. takes a while to figure out for new guys, the faster you go the less money you make. your job is to charge as much as possible for doing as little as possible.

Top Bottom