how to tie down gas can

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello i have one of the basic arctic cat two bar gas can holders and just wondering what everyone is using to tie the can to it. is there a specific bungee style cord or just ratchet straps. Thanks guys

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello i have one of the basic arctic cat two bar gas can holders and just wondering what everyone is using to tie the can to it. is there a specific bungee style cord or just ratchet straps. Thanks guys
Mmmm not sure what your saying but I'm thinking you have a two rail type tie down thingy. Ratchet straps from the eyes in each corner work. Criss cross the tie downs and cinch. I cut the extra off the tie down to keep it clean.
dont forget to melt the ends.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried everything, and yes mountain addiction is a good setup... just hate the cans when filling...

As for the O.P.'s question, I used ratchet straps, and even though they worked, I found that the straps got icy and it was a pain to do up and undo.

My vote would be black rubber bungees. The blue or red fabric ones eventually lose their elasticity, and come loose... snappy hookers all the way!!

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg There's 2 black tie downs one with ratchet other with plastic clip... They have metal ring that keeps together and makes X at top of can. Ralph's sells them I believe.
theres pic I found. I used this for years. Works well.

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote would be black rubber bungees. The blue or red fabric ones eventually lose their elasticity, and come loose... snappy hookers all the way!!

I tried rubber bungee cords.......ONCE! They bounce around like a bastage and eventually get ejected or beat to death. Can't beat ratchet straps for a "cheap" secure solution even though they do ice up sometimes.

Last edited:

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 192578There's 2 black tie downs one with ratchet other with plastic clip... They have metal ring that keeps together and makes X at top of can. Ralph's sells them I believe.
theres pic I found. I used this for years. Works well.
x2...works great. I also use 2 automatic retractable ratchet straps from PA on the boys sled. Also works well and very clean as the access strap is reeled up on the ratchet.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain addiction is the best setup I have used. Otherwise I use a single ratchet strap with the extra fabric cut off and melted. Don't bother with bungee straps, just end up picking up gas cans, did that for years before going to a ratchet.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I forgot to mention that I used a gas rack with it..

I used the black rubber ones for years and pounded many miles of ungroomed trails....

I have no worries anymore, since I never had to use my whole tank with the ETEC.

doo has the gas can solution, I am surprised that no other manufacturers have a bulletproof system yet...

I tried rubber bungee cords.......ONCE! They bounce around like a bastage and eventually get ejected or beat to death. Can't beat ratchet straps for a "cheap" secure solution even though they do ice up sometimes.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I forgot to mention that I used a gas rack with it..

I used the black rubber ones for years and pounded many miles of ungroomed trails....

I have no worries anymore, since I never had to use my whole tank with the ETEC.

doo has the gas can solution, I am surprised that no other manufacturers have a bulletproof system yet...

Yup doo has the best gas can and bag solution period.
Stupid price but 192% hasle free once installed.

pizalm

Reaction score

Were they snappy hookers though? I've never used a bungee that works as nice.

I have mountain addiction cans. I wish they poured a little quicker but they aren't bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SKDeuce

Reaction score
Bought bungee cords and put carabiners on the end. Had to recover a gas can or 2 that came off because the regular hooks managed to come off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup doo has the best gas can and bag solution period.
Stupid price but 192% hasle free once installed.

Agreed, I can't even count the number of cans I've had to backtrack for or had one side come loose and get sucked up into the tunnel over the years, Or come slack and then scratch the crap outta the tunnel! The Q link can works fantastic!

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to bunjie them on better. Only lost cans once - no need for $$pensive solutions. Basic jerry cans plus a waterproof bag works great!
Agreed, I can't even count the number of cans I've had to backtrack for or had one side come loose and get sucked up into the tunnel over the years, Or come slack and then scratch the crap outta the tunnel! The Q link can works fantastic!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never lost a can with the cheap black bunji cords from princess auto. Got the short ones and stretched the crap out of them to get them on. Now i use a mountain addiction set up.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this set up
62607d5474f3221e1da0c2b1c6a2fa2a.jpg

Now this, and like it a lot
24827f02d4902e676f85f92008aae094.jpg

And looks cooler lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya ended up buying your first option with the tie strap. found a green jerry can online and hoping it matches better than the red haha.

Top Bottom