How many Tums/Pepto Bismal do you eat?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need them them almost everyday go see your doctor. It can cause cancer if untreated. I have been on Previcid daily for about 20 years for this.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If you need them them almost everyday go see your doctor. It can cause cancer if untreated. I have been on Previcid daily for about 20 years for this.
Go to the doctor and get a test for ulcers; easy-peasy. If you have an ulcer, the doctor should give you a prescription for antibiotics.

Getting tougher to get over the counter medication with Zantac and Ranitidine being pulled.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Go to the doctor and get a test for ulcers; easy-peasy. If you have an ulcer, the doctor should give you a prescription for antibiotics.

Getting tougher to get over the counter medication with Zantac and Ranitidine being pulled.
Pretty much any cheap and effective over the counter remedy for anything is mostly conspiracy theories and should be avoided at all costs.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It is the upper spinkter that lets acid come up and that will cause damage. It is common. Not an ulcer that I am talking about.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was prescribed Nexium for heartburn. It was unreal I could eat anything and not even burp. But then I experienced a minor side effect of only some people get real stiff knees. My knees and elbows were cramped up and aching. After a few months I went off the pills within two days I was running up and down stairs and bending no problem again. So now I’m back on Rolaids. A couple rolaids a day won’t hurt you. I find I only get heartburn if I don’t have Tums or Rolaids LOL

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I quit drinking coffee 20 years ago, havnt had a need for tums or pepto or anything else since.

I did this on the advise of my doctor, he said coffee is one of the worst things for making the upper sphincter muscle lazy.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheap beer makes me bloated, other than that. There is no gut pain or heartburn.

I have maybe taken 2 tums and 2 Zantac in the last 40 years???

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was prescribed Nexium for heartburn. It was unreal I could eat anything and not even burp. But then I experienced a minor side effect of only some people get real stiff knees. My knees and elbows were cramped up and aching. After a few months I went off the pills within two days I was running up and down stairs and bending no problem again. So now I’m back on Rolaids. A couple rolaids a day won’t hurt you. I find I only get heartburn if I don’t have Tums or Rolaids LOL
when I used to get heartburn I would eat a couple a stick of celery. Instant relief and don't get bunged up.

Top Bottom