SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
July 6, 2022 by Adam Malik

How many travel plans still include cars this summer​

Road-trip-car-travel-Depositphotos_206771298_L-1024x684.jpg

Image credit: Depositphotos.com
Canadians plan to travel and hitting the road in their vehicle will be a big part of that, according to recent surveys.

However, inflation is playing a role in travel plans.

One survey released by Rakuten found that 54 per cent of Canadians intend to take a road trip this summer. And despite record-high gas prices, 73 per cent of Canadians reported that driving will continue to play a part in their travel plans. Of those, nearly a quarter (23 per cent) plan to rent a vehicle.

However, 71 per cent still said rising gas prices and inflation will indeed impact their travel plans this year.

Another survey by CAA looked at just how far Ontario drivers will travel by car this summer — and gas prices are having an impact. It found that 76 per cent of those surveyed said they have a road trip planned within the province this year. A quarter (26 per cent) are planning an out-of-province road trip, and fewer (23 per cent) are planning to drive to the United States.

When asked about rising gas prices, 64 per cent said the situation at the pumps is likely to impact road trip plans. Some are limiting the number of trips they take overall or driving shorter distances. Others are planning around gas prices, while some are adjusting their budget to accommodate fuel prices during their trip.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m in BC right now. We can crush back $100 in premium on a Harley per day easy. What I’ve seen. No shortage of lifted gas power trucks towing giant wake setter boats. We were on the highway till almost dark last night and once the Holiday people got off the road we were riding all alone. It was beautiful, chase to Kamloops I saw maybe six cars

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a few car shows I'm planning on hitting. Some local. Some not.
Running 91 in the car. Adds up fast.

Then dragging the holiday trailer up to Wembley for a family Reunion. Then down to Valemount for a week. And back home

High prices won't really stop me. As all my hobbies involve burning gas.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freeland says the answer to high gas prices is higher gas prices - you know to save the planet

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we went to Mexico for a few months the last time, we drove down, it was a great road trip.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Driving down the cost to Anaheim in April for baseball games, then over to mesquite to golf for two weeks, then back home through Utah and Montana. 1 ton diesel, fuel is gonna be expensive but flying and rental cars are even more ridiculously priced. Can do the whole drive for less than the price of a rental car for two weeks, get to see some nice places this way instead of being treated like a criminal and seeing the inside of airports and planes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im planning a bike trip to South BC,, ferrys around the small towns.wife and i did it 3 times when we had Gold Wings. i had bad reaction to dam Pfzer shot July 21. lost half of my strength. and red itchy spots. all over .I need to try to do the trip before i cant .hopefully a friend will come.

Reactions: zal
Top Bottom