How many months will it take?

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Jeep Gladiator Willys on December 4th. Waiting to see if it gets here before Spring. They were already overpriced for what they are and didn't go up a lot on that model anyway, maybe some competition was factored in like from the new Frontier, etc.... but I noticed what little inventory is out there for full size Ram, Ford, GM seems to have jumped in price quite a bit.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every truck now cost more including the used market. The days of going to the dealership to look over a large amount of trucks or cars are long gone.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just for the fun of it I just priced out a new 2022 Tundra. 65 grand for mid line truck. HOLLY CRAP

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Jeep Gladiator Willys on December 4th. Waiting to see if it gets here before Spring. They were already overpriced for what they are and didn't go up a lot on that model anyway, maybe some competition was factored in like from the new Frontier, etc.... but I noticed what little inventory is out there for full size Ram, Ford, GM seems to have jumped in price quite a bit.
Seen lots of them on the streets in Calgary !

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our usual dealer had zero inventory. Looked like the inventories within a 3 hour drive were just the higher priced ones, that maybe were too high to move. There was one that had no options whatsoever.....but no thanks. A 3 month wait would be okay.......but dealer was non-committal and have't heard back from him. At least the JK trade in looks like it held it's value really good.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys have waited 18 months for the Ford Bronco.

Of all the manufacturers Stellantis/Fiat/Ram/Chrysler/Dodge/whatever they are, seem to have the most inventory. Local dealer supposedly has 20 Gladiators on the lot according to their website.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our usual dealer had zero inventory. Looked like the inventories within a 3 hour drive were just the higher priced ones, that maybe were too high to move. There was one that had no options whatsoever.....but no thanks. A 3 month wait would be okay.......but dealer was non-committal and have't heard back from him. At least the JK trade in looks like it held it's value really good.

The US has way worse inventory problem seeing as you’re in South Dakota.

A guy at work bought one for about 8% off MSRP last month and a fair bit of stock still but that’s in Alberta. Lots of Jeep stock up here, even half tons but hardly any 3/4 or 1 ton trucks.

Juicecan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered from GM in February, delivered June 25. Sat in Texas for 2 months before getting put on the train. Once on the train was here in 4 days.

rhody605

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend ordered a custom 1 ton, Longhorn edition. Ordered last october/november. Arrived in July... Like said earlier, 3/4 & 1 tons not much for stock.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend ordered a custom 1 ton, Longhorn edition. Ordered last october/november. Arrived in July... Like said earlier, 3/4 & 1 tons not much for stock.
I ordered a Ram 3500 Limited June 30/21, took delivery Nov 19/21. Diesel trucks are at a premium in Alberta, dealers have some stock on midline and low trim levels, lots of 2021 Gladiators, 1/2 ton gassers on lots in my area though. On your Jeep, I’m guessing 3-5 months depending on equipment…

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did they give you a timeframe? Considering ordering a 22 tundra
When I was in the dealership in October they told me mid Feb. I have a 18 Tundra and will keep it for many many years. I have a need to replace my sled every 2-3 years so that won't happen if I get a new truck. And this year year its a new camping trailer if we find what we want

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Ram 3500 Limited June 30/21, took delivery Nov 19/21. Diesel trucks are at a premium in Alberta, dealers have some stock on midline and low trim levels, lots of 2021 Gladiators, 1/2 ton gassers on lots in my area though. On your Jeep, I’m guessing 3-5 months depending on equipment…

Heavy duty trucks are a premium, just sold a 2020 GM gasser for about the same price as I can order a new one paying sticker price.
Had it for sale for 2 weeks though, wanted $2000 higher than my mulitiple exporter offers (probably 20 offers) and eventually got $1500 more. Some desperate Washington state dealer apparently already had a buyer lined up for it, so they payed a sight premium.

Bought a used half ton will sit on sidelines for now might toss in a factory superduty order for the hell of it.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys have waited 18 months for the Ford Bronco.

Of all the manufacturers Stellantis/Fiat/Ram/Chrysler/Dodge/whatever they are, seem to have the most inventory. Local dealer supposedly has 20 Gladiators on the lot according to their website.
Same, northland groups in pg seem to have no issue with keeping their lots full

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heavy duty trucks are a premium, just sold a 2020 GM gasser for about the same price as I can order a new one paying sticker price.
Had it for sale for 2 weeks though, wanted $2000 higher than my mulitiple exporter offers (probably 20 offers) and eventually got $1500 more. Some desperate Washington state dealer apparently already had a buyer lined up for it, so they payed a sight premium.

Bought a used half ton will sit on sidelines for now might toss in a factory superduty order for the hell of it.

Do you happen to have contact information for exporters?

Top Bottom