How do you measure TRUE performance of a sled?

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can-o-worms.gif

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smiles per gallon is the official measure. Nothing else really matters.

^^^^ this is all that matters. Doesn’t matter which colour you ride as long as you like it. Doo, cat, poo, Yammy, (now Lynx) it’s all good. Whatever floats you boat and makes you go Weeeeeeee!!!!!!!

I ride a ‘17 850 Doo. I can ride it and love it. Probably would be riding a poo right now if the dealer would have knocked $300 off it back in the day. All the brands are more than capable. We also need to stay away from brand bashing as a collective. If we lose, let say cat, that’s going to be bad for the industry. R&D will go down, new and better will slow, prices will go up, service will drop overall as good healthy competition is needed. Especially in our very small, expensive, and quite often frowned apart by the masses sport.

I totally got off topic fast on this one.

1) Throttle response as it gives you more time to think about what you are doing and do not need to ride on the edge.
2) How well it holds a side hill. (My doo does fine but I also don’t know any better)
3a) Reliability
3b) Power
4) Flotation
5) Overall handling in the snow conditions you ride. My doo is awful on the trail and I have a hard time riding hard pack/concrete. I also avoid these snow conditions so it doesn’t bother me.
6) Resale value so we can sell and get the next best thing when you’re ready.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the old days we would measure sleds by highmarking each other but today we measure sleds by who can make the highest mark on the hill.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wasn’t there a company who used to make a replacement seat (I believe it was for a doo platform and possibly the rev) that had a flip up top portion that exposed a ton of under seat storage? I have been trying to find it on google but have had no luck. I want to say that I stumbled across it when building my nytro and thought it to be a worth while idea to “borrow” for my nytro once the exhaust no longer exited under the seat.

I knew a guy who could fit a 24 under his custom seat.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can’t wait for ozone to chime in on this one.... wait for it....wait for it.....

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
24 beers will increase performance of the rider but no effect in performance of the sled

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not true, as the rider drinks the 2-4 which makes the rider far superior it also lightens up the sled due to every 4 beer that goes in is followed by a big long pee thus actually causing a weight reduction. By the end of the day (and the 2-4) you not only have a pro level rider but a sled that is on one hell of a diet which came at the cheapest price known to man. The average weight it said 2-4 is 20 lbs. that 20 lbs came at the cost of a mere $40.00-$50.00 depending if you have a Costco close. There are many, many of us on here who have spent 7-8 times that amount just to shave 5 lbs on a battery.... come to think of it, we have been doing this all wrong for far too long!

24 beers will increase performance of the rider but no effect in performance of the sled

Top Bottom