How do i lean out my fuel mixture so my plugs aren't so black??

thumperracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is for a friend
New top end prob 600km ago in an 05 Rev Adrenaline. Just checked the plugs last ride and they are very black. You dont really hear of anyone changing jets anymore? so is there a air/fuel mixture screw a guy can adjust or is something screwing up with the dpm:confused::confused: We did have an issue with a float sticking and the engine trying to flood its self so we cleaned the carbs and made sure not to adjust anything and it ran great after. Thanks

Dino

Reaction score
On my Revs, if I check the plugs after only a moment of idle time they are black. However if I make a hard pull and stop immediately and check them they are light brown. Dino

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is for a friend
New top end prob 600km ago in an 05 Rev Adrenaline. Just checked the plugs last ride and they are very black. You dont really hear of anyone changing jets anymore? so is there a air/fuel mixture screw a guy can adjust or is something screwing up with the dpm:confused::confused: We did have an issue with a float sticking and the engine trying to flood its self so we cleaned the carbs and made sure not to adjust anything and it ran great after. Thanks

do a plug chop, warm sled, you'll need a long run, 1/4 mile. run sled at full throttle, shut motor off, do not let off throttle. check plug colour, there was a plug colour chart on site in last few days. :beer:

Top Bottom