Reaction score
Sometimes the wholesalers have dented or slightly visible damaged water tanks
Bought my last 1200 tank for 500

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the wholesalers have dented or slightly visible damaged water tanks
Bought my last 1200 tank for 500
Haha your right there, they had a garage sale one year at the suppliers. I offered them $150 for a dented hotwater tank ... they excepted and never asked me for a gas fitters ticket.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid part is they aren't worth fixing. Priced out replacing the venting BS on the top and it was like $100 less then a whole new tank so just replace it and throw out mostly good parts. So dumb.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha your right there, they had a garage sale one year at the suppliers. I offered them $150 for a dented hotwater tank ... they excepted and never asked me for a gas fitters ticket.
you do not need a gas fitters ticket to buy or replace a hot water tanks unless you are altering the gas pipe on the meter side of the valve on the gas drop to the water tank

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you do not need a gas fitters ticket to buy or replace a hot water tanks unless you are altering the gas pipe on the meter side of the valve on the gas drop to the water tank

Yes. And further to this most municipalities will allow you to pull a gas permit as a homeowner, allowing you to do almost any gasfitting work to your own home. I re-piped my entire home to allow for all natural gas appliances.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a large sign right over the till at the wholesalers, no hotwater tanks sold without gas ticket. But that was a lie because i bought the $150 dollar one and no problem buying a hotwater tank at homedepot either. However the inspector who came out to pass my furnace said to me i do not recall coming out to inspect this hotwater tank.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is one of the cheapest tankless units I'm aware of, no idea if its any good. My Navien is worth over double of this one. That being said it's hard to go wrong with a tank style, the cost is hard to beat.

We have a navien unit in one of wellsite trailers, works well. Just a heads up up do you do annual flushes on them? We didn't until recent. Sure got a lot of scale out wowza. Good videos on youtube if you need.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The business has the right to refuse a sale. Mainly because they don’t want to deal with the warranty. Especially a wholesaler. Home Depot doesn’t know better nor do they care. Most people that tackle there own gas work know how to do it and are mechanically inclined. But water heaters are like anything right now in the appliance world. Price just keeps going up.

Top Bottom