horsey creek

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anyone been in horsey creek yet this year, we were thinking of trying this weekend.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have checked around and we don't think anybody has been in. A bit early to try but might be talked into taking a look if you decide to go.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bbtoys Slamnek And I Will Be In Town Friday Night, If We Decide To Try We Will Get In Touch With You.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It Is In Between The Junction To Valemount And Mcbride On The North Side Of The Vally, Just After Terricanna Ranch. You Have To Pay Attention Because It Is Easy To Miss.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been in to horsey creek yet? I imagine it would be really deep back there.

Buster

Reaction score
My bro was in there 3 days ago, It was real nasty at the end by the creek. He found another way in that was easier about 5km from the first try, just ask the Trapper he will tell you how. Unfortunate it was to late by then to go in to the main alpine. His buddy has a RX-1 with over 7000km on it tried to make it back to the truck without extra fuel, he logged 174km. Impressive
milage for breaking trail in 1 day. My bro drives a new Apex and both went about 450km in 3 days of ridding Horsey,Rensaw and Area x.:eek:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we rode horsey on thursday. someone broke trail in earlier in the week, my hats off to them for determination, they shovelled a path almost the entire way up the last creek/chute. wasn't much for snow there either ,lotsa rocks, and could still see the tall field grass in some places.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally downloaded my pics, here's a couple i took at the top of the creek.

Attachments

• 100_1779.jpg
    100_1779.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 486
  • 100_1780.jpg
    100_1780.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 491

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally downloaded my pics, here's a couple i took at the top of the creek.

Nice pics, i was wondering myself if anyone was in yet. I was talking to my buddy and he said there's another way in that he uses other than the water falls that i use. Anybody know about this other way in?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anybody is coming this weekend and riding Horsey I would not mind if you called me.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a waterfall,not like the one up the chalco trail into renshaw, but it is a very steep creek/ avy chute and if the trail hasn't been broken in by someone before you expect a lotta work to get to the alpine. The guys that did it over the holidays shovelled a good 1/2 km of creek in to get up there, largely due to the lack of snow. I know it took them most of the day because they rode in to the back turned around and came out , no sign of any playtime up there for them.

THIS IS A VERY HIGH AVY RISK AREA, NOT FOR THE INEXPERIENCED.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a waterfall,not like the one up the chalco trail into renshaw, but it is a very steep creek/ avy chute and if the trail hasn't been broken in by someone before you expect a lotta work to get to the alpine. The guys that did it over the holidays shovelled a good 1/2 km of creek in to get up there, largely due to the lack of snow. I know it took them most of the day because they rode in to the back turned around and came out , no sign of any playtime up there for them.

THIS IS A VERY HIGH AVY RISK AREA, NOT FOR THE INEXPERIENCED.

Definately high avy area, but also very nice in there. A couple years ago rode out an avy not far the the trail head, some other that were there weren't so lucky, had to chopper out deceased friend.

Peace be with you bro!!!!

As mentioned all over this site Avy's are very high right now, check out avalanche reports and ride safe. Cheers.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bro was in there 3 days ago, It was real nasty at the end by the creek. He found another way in that was easier about 5km from the first try, just ask the Trapper he will tell you how. Unfortunate it was to late by then to go in to the main alpine. His buddy has a RX-1 with over 7000km on it tried to make it back to the truck without extra fuel, he logged 174km. Impressive
milage for breaking trail in 1 day. My bro drives a new Apex and both went about 450km in 3 days of ridding Horsey,Rensaw and Area x.:eek:
where is this area X? and how do you get there?, I only knew if bell, lucille, renshaw, dore,and horsey, so far dore is my favorite? I want to try horsey someday.

Buster

Reaction score
Somewhere around Horsey, My brother will not tell me untill the day he shows me. For now we will call it area X I quess. Who will be the crazy nut that will break into Horsey.:)

Top Bottom