Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

Falling Star

Reaction score
Pics of Sundance and Belle from a few days ago!

Attachments

• Sundance.jpg
    Sundance.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 291
  • Belle.jpg
    Belle.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 244

TrishaC

Reaction score
They are looking quite good considering what they have been through. Hopefully, in a few more months and with the warm weather Belle will have a soft eye.
Thanks very much for those pics. "Falling Star". I'm sure Belle and Sundance sleep better at night because of what you all have done.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for posting the pictures of Sundance & Belle. I see they have put some weight on, and amazingly enough for all that these two have gone through they still look gentle as can be....

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Thanks for posting the pictures, Falling Star.

Hey, I was wondering if you could post on here a copy of the thank you notice that was in the local paper? It's a really nice note and names all the people that helped out, including this website. I tried to scan it onto here and it didn't come out readable. Since you have an "in" at the paper, maybe you can get it posted on here. I think everyone that donated funds would like to see it.

Falling Star

Reaction score
Great news!
Just talked to the SPCA head guy, and he just faxed a letter to MacKay advising him that the SPCA WILL NOT be returning the horses to him.
MacKay does have the ability to file an injuction, meaning if he wishes to dispute it, he is going to have to go to a court.
Yeeeeehaaaaa! Just made my evening!:):):d:d:):):):d:d
With regards to charges, the SPCA is waiting for an RCMP statement from MacKay before they forward the package to the Crown. So this should happen within the next few days.

Falling Star

Reaction score

Hey, I was wondering if you could post on here a copy of the thank you notice that was in the local paper? It's a really nice note and names all the people that helped out, including this website. I tried to scan it onto here and it didn't come out readable. Since you have an "in" at the paper, maybe you can get it posted on here. I think everyone that donated funds would like to see it.

I had posted it earlier as a PDF, but maybe it got missed by some people.
I am attaching it again. If anybody can't open it up, please let me know and I will scan it in as a JPG.

Attachments

• 01.07.09 FallingStar 3x9.pdf
    381 KB · Views: 129

Saigo

Reaction score
Great news!
advising him that the SPCA WILL NOT be returning the horses to him.
MacKay does have the ability to file an injuction, meaning if he wishes to dispute it, he is going to have to go to a court.
Yeeeeehaaaaa! Just made my evening!

:ThumbsupMsn::ThumbsupMsn: Thats great news!

You all deserve this great news! We know Mackay will dispute but hopefully that won't happen. :)

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ron Charawich, Charles Michaud, Howard Polinski, Brian Zakaruk. " The Alberta sledders who stopped and helped dig (you know who you are)". Now you know who we are. It feels great to be included in this great rescue. I've been following this storey on S&M and am glad to hear that the horses are doing well and tha Mckay will not get the horses back.

TrishaC

Reaction score
Oh . thank God!! He doesn't deserve any animals whatsoever. Not even a gerbil.

It would have been heartbreaking for so many of the people who saved their lives to see Belle and Sundance go back to hell.

I'm so happy I'm crying.

TrishaC

Reaction score
My sister who is not anywhere close to being "horse savvy" in terms of confirmation or expression in the eyes.
I just showed her Belle's picture without any comment from myself and she targeted Belle's eye expression right away. My sister said she looks unhappy and suspicious.

Falling Star

Reaction score
Ron Charawich, Charles Michaud, Howard Polinski, Brian Zakaruk. " The Alberta sledders who stopped and helped dig (you know who you are)". Now you know who we are. It feels great to be included in this great rescue. I've been following this storey on S&M and am glad to hear that the horses are doing well and tha Mckay will not get the horses back.

Thanks guys. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sage

Reaction score
Falling Star - since you are in touch with those taking care of the horses, could you ask them what's up with the adema on the gelding's belly ?

laserRob

Reaction score
Falling Star, thank you for this link:

01.07.09 FallingStar 3x9.pdf

Very nice.

Rob

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YUP, ARTICLE IN PAGE 7 OF THE EDMONTON SUN, SAYS MCKAY WILL NOT GET HIS HORSES BACK AS RULED BY THE B.C. SPCA:d....... BUT, MACKAY WILL BE ALLOWED TO APPEAL THE RULING IN COURT. :mad:

Falling Star

Reaction score
Falling Star - since you are in touch with those taking care of the horses, could you ask them what's up with the adema on the gelding's belly ?

Thanks for your concern. I think it is just a bad angle of the photo, as I don't recall seeing anything earlier, but the SPCA investigator in charge will look into it some more. I will let you know what I find out.

Top Bottom