Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lord, take me before I die laughing!!!!!!!

If he had only left them a radio, and extra batteries, so they could hear the weather forecast!!!!!!!!

Rob

Geeze....at least he could have removed their shoes so they could push the F'n buttons...eh!

LMFAO!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
K....I said I was done...but this just shows how incompetent Summiteer thinks the guy could be!

Um yeah, I guess. All I've ever said is wait until the investigation is done before you judge. Just because you can't imagine a set of circumstances that would justify the way this guy has acted, doesn't mean that he's the devil. I'm just not sure what there is to gain by coming on this thread and villifying the guy when you don't know all the facts. And right now No-one knows ALL the facts.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok... I'll give you that! Just looking for somewhat of an incompetence level to try explain WTF this guys about! (Without turning the thread into a big bashing session!) Seems to me like this whole thing was part of a big plan..... but he got caught! Thank God!!! Guess we'll know for sure when he submits his evidence of actually trying to save the horses! I honestly don't want to beat the guy down...too bad... if he tried and failed... but obviously ,with the right help ,it was possible and his attempts were not... ALL HE COULD DO!!!.....:nono:

Like anyone else... you try to look for the good......even though it all looks so bad!!.....That's what keeps us strong!!

Yeah..... was never trying to vilify (actually a word....huh), just trying to make sense of it like everyone else! People that come on a snow and mud forum, should not come here to demean anyone else! They're simply here to try break down the facts and try determine why any human being would leave his animals to fend for themselves, and basically to rot in the wild!

That's all I was trying to do! Sorry if I offend you in any way Summiteer!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"They don't know all the facts, and they don't know the people and horses involved," said Frank Mackay, 63, a lawyer and veteran outdoorsman.

he says he notified the local RCMP about the horse's situation in the article.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree...I read that part, that's not my point. As a lawyer, he did his "legal" part!

He also knew they didn't stand a chance, but did within 2 different statements.
".......stuck in difficult terrain........fallen timber and swamp. "This stuff was just muck."...........he thought the horses, free of their loads, would wander to a well-used road nearby.......??????

I'm no lawyer, but legally.... it's conflicting!

My final "OPINION".....

Don't condemn him... for what's done is done!!!!! The evidence should only be used to determine what happens with the horses !!!!

And I will bow out of this, Snow and Mud was not set up for this BS!

I want to appoligize to Wanderlust for where this thread has gone, it wasn't the intention I'm sure!

Wanderlust

Reaction score
I agree...I read that part, that's not my point. As a lawyer, he did his "legal" part!

He also knew they didn't stand a chance, but did within 2 different statements.
".......stuck in difficult terrain........fallen timber and swamp. "This stuff was just muck."...........he thought the horses, free of their loads, would wander to a well-used road nearby.......??????

I'm no lawyer, but legally.... it's conflicting!

My final "OPINION".....

Don't condemn him... for what's done is done!!!!! The evidence should only be used to determine what happens with the horses !!!!

And I will bow out of this, Snow and Mud was not set up for this BS!

I want to appoligize to Wanderlust for where this thread has gone, it wasn't the intention I'm sure!
Dear Apex Mtn,
No, this is certainly not where I expected this thread to go 2 weeks ago, but regardless, the horses are out and that's really all I and everybody involved really cared about.
As far as I'm concerned, there's two sides to every story-EVERY and ANY story! Let's keep the facts straight and post information if it's accurate and relevant to the story. I don't really give a crap personally what this guy does for a living.
There is still media attention on this, and I know that they are coming to this thread for information and pictures-speculation should not be published and I errored on this at the very beginning, before more of the facts were known. This truly went way beyond what any of us expected.

Also, I want to say that my heart goes to everyone in Sparwood for the loss of their brothers, sons, husbands, fathers and best friends. Ride on.....and may you be in peace.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah..... was never trying to vilify (actually a word....huh), just trying to make sense of it like everyone else! People that come on a snow and mud forum, should not come here to demean anyone else! They're simply here to try break down the facts and try determine why any human being would leave his animals to fend for themselves, and basically to rot in the wild!

That's all I was trying to do! Sorry if I offend you in any way Summiteer!!
No need to apologize dude, but thanks. It wasn't so much your post as the posts suggesting he needs a 'lead injection, or to have all his animals confiscated, or his name published. It may well be the case that he is an unfit animal owner but we don't know that. Unlike what we say to our friends at home there is a record somewhere of everything that is written on these forums, if the SPCA decides ,as unlikely as it may seem, that this guy did everything that could be reasonably expected of him, all that stuff will still be out there for everyone to read. Including him and his lawyers.
And yes, vilify is a word (I had to check to make sure I spelled it right though) :d:d
By the way, I talked to a buddy this morning that was up at Renshaw the weekend of the first big dump and he remembers seeing a truck with a horse trailer upside down in the ditch somewhere between Hinton and Tete Jaune.

My last words on the subject

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
No need to apologize dude, but thanks. It wasn't so much your post as the posts suggesting he needs a 'lead injection, or to have all his animals confiscated, or his name published. It may well be the case that he is an unfit animal owner but we don't know that. Unlike what we say to our friends at home there is a record somewhere of everything that is written on these forums, if the SPCA decides ,as unlikely as it may seem, that this guy did everything that could be reasonably expected of him, all that stuff will still be out there for everyone to read. Including him and his lawyers.
And yes, vilify is a word (I had to check to make sure I spelled it right though) :d:d
By the way, I talked to a buddy this morning that was up at Renshaw the weekend of the first big dump and he remembers seeing a truck with a horse trailer upside down in the ditch somewhere between Hinton and Tete Jaune.

My last words on the subject

I also seen the upside down horse rig in the ditch near Mt. Robson. I remember thinking that was an odd rig for hauling sleds. It was a whiteish 3 ton type of truck with a 5th-wheel 4 place or so horse trailer, rolled over with a few days worth of snow over it already.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Ok guys lets keep the tempers in check...

There is a side of the story that no one knows about....ok maybe a handful ;)

Marti

Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that the third horse being talked about was the one he was riding and there was no horse left in hobbles?

laserRob

Reaction score
Thanks to Snow and Mud for the platform.

Thanks to 'Wanderlust' for starting the thread.

Thanks to all the posters here.

Many of us want to see how this plays out.

It'll take a while.........maybe, months.

Let's all agree to 'be cool'.

It's very interesting.

Thanks.

Rob

Lastly..........no one, at any time. will ever forget, the efforts of ALL those volunteers (Incredible effort!!). And, those who locally donated supplies........ And, those in Canada, and in 'the States', who donated money, in a show of support for what is right.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....Thanks to all that helped in the Rescue efforts!

......Deepest condolences to all Sparwood friends & Family....:(

I also want to wish everyone on the Snow & Mud a Very Happy New Year!..:d

..Absolutely no hard feelings...to anyone.!!!

..Cool....;)....Here's to another Year behind us, & many more to come!

:cool::beer::beer::cool:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just curious as to what happened to all the "gear" the horses were packing??? Is it still up there somewhere.... We were just out there and checked out a bit of the trail that was dug from the renshaw cabin road - very impressive!
P.s. Some of ya left your shovels at the entrance to the trail.
P.s.s., good to meet some of you at the gigglin' grizzly pub the other nite...

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
..Not to be a smart a$$...just need some humour for the holidays! ..:d

I'm sure once the horses got the batteries situated right in their radios, they had horse 4 chopper the gear and horse 3 out! 3&4 then took off to mexico... drank too much corona's & forgot horse 1&2 ! Their the one's to blame on this whole friggin' mess... I'm sure of it!....:d

CHEERS EVERYONE!!
:cool::beer::beer::cool:

domecreek

Reaction score
That is certainly a nice amount money in a short period of time. You indicated it was going to the SPCA, Prince George or Edmonton ?
And with respect to animals in the bush, we have come across cattle down forestry roads in the middle of nowhere, just left to graze and fend for themselves, and trust me that forage back in the bush around Dome and Slim is not that great.
Our condolences to the Sparwood families. This tragedy will make me think many times over, where we go sledding in the back country around McBride, Kakwa,Dome Mtn., etc.,

TrishaC

Reaction score
I'm going to throw up and it isn't from drinking.

I WISH EVERYONE A GREAT 2009!

Top Bottom