Horse Rescue up the Renshaw

Falling Star

Reaction score
The guys that owns him went after three, and there are only two been rescued, so you do the math.
A couple of locals that I know personally that have bought horses from my dad were telling us about these horses before the snow hit the ground. And the post of where the horses had missing hair, is not frost bite. Their tails were bare too, cause that is what they were eating to survive on. Horses will do that when there is nothing to eat. Especially wild horses. And that is why the one had no hair. And I imagine the hobbled one probably got taken down by wolves or what have you, as there are an abundance of carinvours in that particular area.
All in all, the guy that owns them should never get them back, and not be allowed to own any kind of creature again. If it had of been a $15,000.00 quad/sled, he would have gotten it out of there the day it happened. But two $500.00 horses???? As if he cares.

I agree with you that the owner doesn't care and shouldn't get them back. I am sure the SPCA will check into it if there have been more than two horses. The pictures that were sent to me from last fall only ever showed two horses. If there really was three, that makes the whole story even worse. I am just happy we got the ones out that we did and that they are doing quite well, considering the circumstances. You are right, the horses don't have lice, they were eating each other's tails. As for the hair missing on the mare's sides, that is most likely from lying down in the snow, so frostbite.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
On a lighter note - we should start a pool on the first guy to bury his sled in the trench that was dug to get the horses out.

My pick - SummitRic is already in it! :d

Nope Ric will be on the hill Ron will be in the bush findin a trench ;)

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not yet, there still sitting here at the house in Mcbride. Several phone calls have been made and no one has called us to get them. Tomorrow we will drop them off with Glen at spindrift, as he seems to be the middle man in all this.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not yet, there still sitting here at the house in Mcbride. Several phone calls have been made and no one has called us to get them. Tomorrow we will drop them off with Glen at spindrift, as he seems to be the middle man in all this.

i wi make sure that they get to the place that the horses are at as soo nas they are at the shop.. thanks for the donation of supplements..

kensmith69

Reaction score
If you read all the way through this thread you will see lots of people knew those horses were there a long time ago?
Whats up with that people?

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well then you would of also of read that they could not find them. It was not till they were on a rescue trip that they were located

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF! A third horse? I'm no horse backer by any means, but is it normal for 1 guy to go off into the wilderness with 3 horses? Sounds like this guy had his work cut out for him....snowstorm or not!!! Poor planning on any ones part!!

If I miss read or miss understood the story line somewhat...I apologize for that in advance!!!:d

:cool::beer::beer::cool:

BonBon

Reaction score
Not unusual to be riding one and have 2 pack horses depending on how much gear a person packs in.... Read at the beginning of this whole thing that there were initially 3 horses spotted but only 2 survived long enough to be rescued.....

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok... I'll give you that! Just looking for somewhat of an incompetence level to try explain WTF this guys about! (Without turning the thread into a big bashing session!) Seems to me like this whole thing was part of a big plan..... but he got caught! Thank God!!! Guess we'll know for sure when he submits his evidence of actually trying to save the horses! I honestly don't want to beat the guy down...too bad... if he tried and failed... but obviously ,with the right help ,it was possible and his attempts were not... ALL HE COULD DO!!!.....:nono:

Like anyone else... you try to look for the good......even though it all looks so bad!!.....That's what keeps us strong!!

Saigo

Reaction score
Well I'm curiuos one of the articles said he tried 3 times and even rolled his truck and trailer on one of those incidents, so if he did roll his truck would a local wrecker company not have been called out to pull him out?? Or is it still there?? Or is he lying??

BonBon

Reaction score
Yeah.....I'm a glass half full kind of person.....always try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt before condemning, but in my mind if this guy took 3 horses in he should have had the ability/competence/willingness to get 3 horses out. And in this case why the hell didn't he tell someone that they were stuck up there right after he returned??!! Could have saved alot of people a lot of time, energy and money!
I agree that it doesn't seem that he tried very hard to get them out if he tried at all....thank goodness at least 2 of them made it out alive. Still have to wonder why he didn't say anything about them being stuck up there??! Human nature and their ability to be absolute in their selfishness never ceases to amaze me!?!
Good thing the people of McBride are not like that. :)

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. If you rolled a truck would you not have to had a tow truck out to rescue you ???. I guess time will tell. One thing that I wonder and that is he is probably reading all this and if so would be nice for you to chime in and let us all know what happened . The truth will come out eventually

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was wondering Saigo!!!! Someone has to call BS on his story! Any one that walked the horses down must have seen the chaos a rolled truck & trailer would have left on the trails! Was this evidence seen by anyone going up or down the trail! If not... my mind is made up on this guy! Let the lawsuits begin! Maybe even some time served for the death of #3?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was wondering Saigo!!!! Someone has to call BS on his story! Any one that walked the horses down must have seen the chaos a rolled truck & trailer would have left on the trails! Was this evidence seen by anyone going up or down the trail! If not... my mind is made up on this guy! Let the lawsuits begin! Maybe even some time served for the death of #3?
Long highway from Alberta to McBride. No-one said he rolled his rig on the trail. Speculation does nothing, let the SPCA do it's investigating and reach their conclusion.

TrishaC

Reaction score
I'm a horse person and have met many in this horse industry. A lot of people don't want to feed their horses in the winter. He more than likely thought he was doing a favour for the carnivores in that area. I don't believe his story at all. Where is the tack? How did he get that down the hill when he left? Hobbling one of the horses? How convenient for the wolves. Just another case of insane animal abuse. Gettin real sick of these stories.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right Summiteer....... a thread is useless with "hear-say"! We'll have to see what the investigation leads to! Hopefully it's fair and just! I don't believe him either TrishaC...but we are neither judge or jury! Just judgmental spectators! I'm done with this thread till the story reveals some actual detective work!

...Congrats on the efforts from everyone involved...saving the horses.!!!!!!

Falling Star

Reaction score
Well I'm curiuos one of the articles said he tried 3 times and even rolled his truck and trailer on one of those incidents, so if he did roll his truck would a local wrecker company not have been called out to pull him out?? Or is it still there?? Or is he lying??

Watch the Edmonton Journal tomorrow...

Saigo

Reaction score
Long highway from Alberta to McBride. No-one said he rolled his rig on the trail. Speculation does nothing, let the SPCA do it's investigating and reach their conclusion.

This article says he rolled his truck.

The owner says he went back to the mountain three times to find the horses. The first two times he got stuck in the snow and even rolled his truck and trailer and the third time he was able to locate the animals, but couldn't get them out of the snow.

"It was sort of a hopeless situation, we couldn't even see the bottom of the mountain, we didn't know which way out was out," said the owner.

CTV Edmonton - Snowbound horses rescued from B.C. mountainside - Canadian Television

Top Bottom