Holmes River

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you that like to use the Holmes River Road for sledd'n, there will be no access after the cattle gate starting next week. It will be plowed for forestry use. They will be running large trucks up and down that road everyday of the week for about 4 weeks. Not only is it illigal, but going to be very dangerous as these trucks will not stop on a dime on forest roads. There will be no parking on the side of the road as it will not be wide enough to do so and was told radio's will be manditory for all traffic. It will be posted at the cattle gate. So please do not proceed as they will be doing enforcment throughout the 4 weeks.

Buster

Reaction score
will this open up the trail and clear out the willows for the future.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. It is the Holmes not the Chelco that is being plowed for the bush boys to work. Holmes has always been clear of bush. This is only a temporary stop using period - 4 weeks or so for safety.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reminded to tell everybody again about the plowed forestry roads and to stay off them untill the signs come down. This may happen as soon as 26 of this month. We are hoping the bettle boys will be done by that date. Holmes River Road and The East Twin so far.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I made a mistake on the closure. The east twin is open and one at Cresent Spur is closed as well as the Holmes. Will let you know which one as soon as I can confirm. SORRY

Top Bottom