Highspire Vest - Anyone have one?

bradtothebone

Reaction score
Looking at the Highmark Spire vest - anyone have/had one? I read comments they are long in the torso? I tried one on in CW - it felt great -
No weight on shoulders - I noted the bag is partially in the shoulder strap - does this increased thickness cause any potential helmet interference?

Had a Klim aspect 16. Liked the zip
Up, disliked the balance, the side straps kept coming loose, the interior lining stitching felt apart, zipper wouldn’t close on the fan unit, and a few other items that are just “personal peeves” not actual issues. That pushed me away from it.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that you have the latest model Klim Aspect 16 avy bag with the Alpride E2 system, and you don’t like it..???

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Highmark Spire vest - anyone have/had one? I read comments they are long in the torso? I tried one on in CW - it felt great -
No weight on shoulders - I noted the bag is partially in the shoulder strap - does this increased thickness cause any potential helmet interference?

Had a Klim aspect 16. Liked the zip
Up, disliked the balance, the side straps kept coming loose, the interior lining stitching felt apart, zipper wouldn’t close on the fan unit, and a few other items that are just “personal peeves” not actual issues. That pushed me away from it.
I had a few of same issues with the Aspect 16.

I would really like to see a BCA or other vest with the alpride system.

Last edited:

bradtothebone

Reaction score
Are you saying that you have the latest model Klim Aspect 16 avy bag with the Alpride E2 system, and you don’t like it..???
Yes. That’s what I am saying. I don’t like the balance of the bag, the side straps - you pull them tight and they back off. Needed to
Add additional clips to the straps (which makes
It not adjust quickly or easily) inside the nylon or whatever that was sewn near the top was stitched too
Tight and frayed. - klim was “not supportive” in dealing with it warranty wise. Other than liking the zipper/almost vest like aspect - I didn’t like it.

Top Bottom