Hey Maxwell!

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No One here will believe this and I’m not even sure if I do either. I rode my doo 850 175 on a climb until I got stuck. Jumped on my buddies 165 2.75 khaos and highmarked my own line by about 15-20 feet and spun around on the tail. I did not poach my original line I was about 5 feet away and both sleds started at the exact same spot.

did you check the doo for gas...

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No One here will believe this and I’m not even sure if I do either. I rode my doo 850 175 on a climb until I got stuck. Jumped on my buddies 165 2.75 khaos and highmarked my own line by about 15-20 feet and spun around on the tail. I did not poach my original line I was about 5 feet away and both sleds started at the exact same spot.

Hitting the bottom of the hill at 60mph makes a big difference doesn’t it.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow AJ I’ll lie to my friends and you can lie to
Yours but let’s not lie to each other bud lmao. Id say Polaris threw some green ones at Them to boost their shrinking market share and lack of boosted innovation. I find the track thing hilarious, more Polaris owners are putting skidoo tracks or skidoo knockoff tracks on their machines than ever before. 2.75 is never better than 3” lol!! Speaking for real mountain riders. The Polaris is light sure, and that’s great, maybe it’s easier to get unstuck, maybe it requires less effort, that’s to be debated but I’ll give him that one. You can do math until your face is blue, the proof is on the snow, when it’s 3ft deep at 6500+ feet there is no comparison between the two. Really interesting how his findings are so opposite to guys that ride 100+ days a year in real snow.

There is not one snowmobiler in the world that would ride these 2 machines back to back in deep snow at high elevation and say the Polaris works better with a straight face.

Where did he get the 155 vs 168 hp lmfao?!? Blatantly false. I’ve seen above 165 at sea level on the turbo.

Anyways. Can’t believe I watched that entire thing i should have just turned on CNN

If you buy a Polaris it’s because your comfortable on it and it works for you, or maybe you have a good dealer. Not because it’s the best performing snowmobile available.

Hahaha... GOLD

skid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Switching brands?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JackNicholson.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personnel favorites - and the squabble begins.
Polaris provides razor sharp handling without flexible knuckles or flexble tracks - no gimmicks required just a better chassis.
The better your skill level the better the Poo chassis works.
Good power deliver and great clutching response to put power down.

The doo makes he average guy look good but all the wiggly wobbly parts are not needed or helpful for better riders - more of a hindrance.
Best intermediate chassis out there, hence the sales numbers.
Meh on the clutching - needs work as delivered.
Power - no denying that Doo is king!!!
Deep snow, elevation and steep terrain - Poo is second in a two man race for power dominance!

Some of that video is more biased than the US media.

Both sleds better than 90% of their pilots.

:twocents:

Last edited:

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personnel favorites - and the squabble begins.
Polaris provides razor sharp handling without flexible knuckles or flexble tracks - no gimmicks required just a better chassis.
The better your skill level the better the Poo chassis works.
Good power deliver and great clutching response to put power down.

The doo makes he average guy look good but all the wiggly wobbly parts are not needed or helpful for better riders - more of a hindrance.
Best intermediate chassis out there.
Meh on the clutching - needs work as delivered.
Power - no denying that Doo is king!!!
Deep snow, elevation and steep terrain - Poo is second in a two man race for power dominance!

Some of that video is more biased than the US media.

Both sleds better than 90% of their pilots.

:twocents:
Here is the most honest post in this thread. Thanks Snochuk. Everyone that is scoffing at the video and saying how stupid and crappy it is, rides a doo. Oh, I forgot, can't say anything bad about doo, here on Doo and Mud.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco,Catman10, Dragonweld28, Niner and possibly Maxwell will hopefully be posting up some real world results soon. As it looks like they have there latest builds and modifications completed, and waiting on some more snow.
Refer to thread 175 Doo turbo vs 165 Alpha vs 850 turbo axys, as now I believe they all have similar track lengths and running turbos, other then Niners Alpha which is a very strong runner not being a turbo.

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niners Alpha is 40 plus pounds lighter then stock, more HP, will beat a polaris 850 pro in the hills, and look at the difference between the Doo turbo and Alpha. now any one that thinks a N/A 850 pro at elevation
is going to keep up with the Doo turbo is fooling themselves. and yes the Doo has a 175 track VS 165.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2C6mKcYoQ&t=1s

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is a test to find out if you have been drinking too much Doolaid.

Be honest when answering this to yourself.

If you were offered a free sled to ride for 1 season before it was taken away from you and you had to ride SEA LEVEL for the entire year which sled would you be on:

Choice 1. Skidoo G4 turbo
Choice 2 Skidoo Expert N/A
Choice 3 Polaris RMK

Obviously if you answer,
#1, you are clearly drinking way too much Doolaid as the turbo only gets you "big nuts" status in the parking lot.
#2 you honestly love the Skidoo chassis, and that's okay.
#3 you honestly love the Polaris chassis , and that's okay.

The video said ALL their riders picked Polaris as their favorite. My point of this post is not to argue that Polaris is better but to point out that even if guys found the turbo completely useless (or even a weight penalty) they would still choose it for other reasons. Some I expect ride high altitude most of the time and when in big bowls and open meadows the 50 lbs is no big deal and the turbo power will be fun. Others that ride tight trees and rarely get into the boost will not get the advantage and may choose another model.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If you were offered a free sled to ride for 1 season before it was taken away from you and you had to ride SEA LEVEL for the entire year which sled would you be on:

Choice 3 Polaris RMK

Obviously if you answer,
#1, you are clearly drinking way too much Doolaid as the turbo only gets you "big nuts" status in the parking lot.

The video said ALL their riders picked Polaris as their favorite. My point of this post is not to argue that Polaris is better but to point out that even if guys found the turbo completely useless (or even a weight penalty) they would still choose it for other reasons. Some I expect ride high altitude most of the time and when in big bowls and open meadows the 50 lbs is no big deal and the turbo power will be fun. Others that ride tight trees and rarely get into the boost will not get the advantage and may choose another model.

I would take #1 or # 2 Even if I was buying it. Don"t need turbo where I ride and it doesn't have a glove box. lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the most honest post in this thread. Thanks Snochuk. Everyone that is scoffing at the video and saying how stupid and crappy it is, rides a doo. Oh, I forgot, can't say anything bad about doo, here on Doo and Mud.

just still waiting for someone to show me where that razor sharp Polaris chassis will go that my sled wont is all. been 10 years now....still waiting

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrisco,Catman10, Dragonweld28, Niner and possibly Maxwell will hopefully be posting up some real world results soon. As it looks like they have there latest builds and modifications completed, and waiting on some more snow.
Refer to thread 175 Doo turbo vs 165 Alpha vs 850 turbo axys, as now I believe they all have similar track lengths and running turbos, other then Niners Alpha which is a very strong runner not being a turbo.

forsure will. but something to keep in mind is that if all of those machines were left stock with warranty its clear which one the winner would be. Those other machines take alot of modification to get close to the factory skidoo. Thats a fact jack. Sure the final price might be close but we arent comparing apples to apples straight out of the crate anymore.

Gregb

Reaction score

Choice 3 Polaris RMK

Obviously if you answer,

I am not even going to pick up my free sled if I can only ride it at sea level so that's a pretty ridiculous question.

Top Bottom