heres on for the smart guys

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
99 sumx 670. all stock engine,
got spark, got fuel, got 150 comp on both sides, 90 psi on the first pull tops out after three pulls. rotary appears to be in the correct location. just died on the trail and no start anymore. any ideas?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Strong spark?? How did you check fuel? Is there pressure? We had this happen a few times with sbr's '98 and my '99 way back...... Always turned out to be flooded........... Have you tried part throttle for about 5 pulls, then full throttle for another 5 and back to part throttle? I think we had weak dpms that were causing the problems??

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes spark! may spark in atmosphere but not under compression, ussally If it was the DPM's you would of noticed it earlier running rough and not just die on you! in most cases the DPM'S would still let it start just wouldn't run right, hope this helps, let us know how your making out!

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes spark! may spark in atmosphere but not under compression, ussally If it was the DPM's you would of noticed it earlier running rough and not just die on you! in most cases the DPM'S would still let it start just wouldn't run right, hope this helps, let us know how your making out!

What does making out have anything to do with this? Lol just kidding.

Give your reeds a quick look over too. If they're broken, your air/fuel mixture is just going to get pushed back through the carb or not make crankcase pressure to make it though the transfer ports. The motor will have compression with broken reeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What does making out have anything to do with this? Lol just kidding.

Give your reeds a quick look over too. If they're broken, your air/fuel mixture is just going to get pushed back through the carb or not make crankcase pressure to make it though the transfer ports. The motor will have compression with broken reeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no reeds, rotary valve.
Plugs dry?

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Making out has everything to do with it!!Lol! U sob haha just joking that was a good one!

Top Bottom