Help please :) '06 summit 1000

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i replaced the battery, along with my relays, and its a new stator so it shuold have no problem charging. But still the same issue, i even went through the hassle of changing the low pressure pump this morning, wasnt fun lol. I honestly am stumped. Would my piston rings have to do with anything with it not being able to make enough compression to keep it running? Cause once im on the throttle it stays running :s

you might have an idle speed motor problem, then...... Did you have the system scanned by a bombardier dealer? Might have to clean the throttle body, and idle speed circuit, and that might be all it is?? The throttle bores should be clean!

dj913

Reaction score
yeah ill have to do that. i dunno if bad pison rings would have much to do with it but one side was at 130 and the other was at 35 psi... would that cause idle problems?

rmk mod

Reaction score
WOW, that is most definatley your problem there, pull of the head and see what you have. Most likely torched a hole in the piston. If so you will want to find out why it leaned out and torched on you before you go and throw new parts to it. Don't want it to happen again.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
yeah ill have to do that. I dunno if bad pison rings would have much to do with it but one side was at 130 and the other was at 35 psi... Would that cause idle problems?

that is your problem........... Pull the head, and you'll probably find a scored piston and cylinder. You should try and find out why the failure, though.....maybe clutch dust getting inside the air intake system.........

Top Bottom