have people gotten 2017 gen4 updates done yet

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dealer told me a month ago there is updates for my sled and would contact when parts are in.havent heard from them yet.was wondering if others have got updates done and if they did what was done,also did your dealer do anything extra for you that brp is not covering but recomending?would rather have updates done before riding season starts.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
my dealer told me a month ago there is updates for my sled and would contact when parts are in.havent heard from them yet.was wondering if others have got updates done and if they did what was done,also did your dealer do anything extra for you that brp is not covering but recomending?would rather have updates done before riding season starts.

We have one '17 and I am going to take it in when I get the 10 hour check done on the '18. I am only going to get the shim kit for the motor mounts and the gear change done. I have exchanged the old (spare unused) belts for new ones at no charge to me. The '17 was running great all last year so I am in no rush.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just dropped my 17 850 off last week and am getting the shim done as well as gear change and they offered to do the brace at a discount but I already did that myself! Also they were doing a fuel screw and some wire chaffing !

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just dropped my 17 850 off last week and am getting the shim done as well as gear change and they offered to do the brace at a discount but I already did that myself! Also they were doing a fuel screw and some wire chaffing !

same for mine^^^^ should be picking it up mid week

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies,i havent done the brace but think i will do that one myself,my wires should be ok since they had the motor out already mid season.mine did not go thru belts but half the season was not running properly,most of my break-in was done in limp mode trying to get off mountain so a season with it running properly would be the tell tale sign if its gonna be a belt eater or be good. is anybody doing vent kits or leaving panels the way they are?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealer never even called to tell us about the warranty/recall work, had to read about it on here. Picked up an 18 from a different dealer, not a peep about the recalls on the 18s either...

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still waiting on parts at my local dealer. Bought the sled used, and it wasnt from them so maybe that has me at the bottom of the list. They say the parts are back ordered.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have mine booked in for next Monday. They are doing the brace for free as well.

Sessionsdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drop mine off tomorrow to get updates. Did the brace myself this weekend. Did take awhile for dealer to get parts in

captain extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Is this something Bomby is completing on all 17's or just ones with issues? I have taken out one belt in I think ~1200km. Never Received a bulletin or call from dealer. Is there updated info going into this season? something I can relay to my dealer, if I schedule it in?

Thanks!

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Is this something Bomby is completing on all 17's or just ones with issues? I have taken out one belt in I think ~1200km. Never Received a bulletin or call from dealer. Is there updated info going into this season? something I can relay to my dealer, if I schedule it in?

Thanks!

Statement on 2017 Gen 4 sleds

Most of the info is kind of covered here. Can’t find the actual bulletin.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for captain extreme i picked up my sled the same day you picked yours up,they know of updates and said they will notify when they get parts.when i dont know.
for anybody who had issues of chain being loose,i put a paint pen mark on my chain adjuster and it backs out while your riding,my chain adjuster backs out 3/4 of a turn in 65kmh,so anybody with this issue i drilled a hole in adjuster and put a pin in it which sits against chain case,identical style pin that is on adjuster from factory,very simple fix and adjuster cannot move,this imo is why some guys have chain cases blowing up,this was something i noticed and brp did not have any mention on so just trying to pass on info for others to watch for and hopefully might save somebody from chain and chain case failure on mountain

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just dropped it off yesterday.
Get it back in about 10 days.
Doing the brace at a reduced rate from dealer so all updates done so it's ready for kijiji.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad that these sleds have not been recalled all summer getting fixed!!! Its time to ride not fix come on BRP !!!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just dropped mine off today. Service manager said everything they are doing takes about 4.5 hours.

Top Bottom