www.facebook.com
19,000km

FML :(

IMG_0555.jpg

Last edited:

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like the bottom stop has bent the frame....carrying way to heavy loads ?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that combined with the heat coming off your tail pipe, hard to tell but you can the rust follows the bend of the pipe

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Long story short....

My truck went through a oilspill on HWY 16, it was covered in good ole AB crude. Close to 100 vehicles were involved. This was a certain companies attempt to clean the truck.

Not a flaw in the paint for the frame. The shocks, hitch and few other components are flaking.

Im curious how the other vehicles turned out?

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long story short....

My truck went through a oilspill on HWY 16, it was covered in good ole AB crude. Close to 100 vehicles were involved. This was a certain companies attempt to clean the truck.

Not a flaw in the paint for the frame. The shocks, hitch and few other components are flaking.

Im curious how the other vehicles turned out?
Theyd be paying for a redo on my unit for sure!!!!!

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Possibly the high pressure washer they used - took off paint and exposed bare metal !

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reminds me when my tranny cooler line blew on the way back from Revy and coated the underside the truck with ATF. Couple days later I was underneath wiping up some of the mess and the paint started wiping right off the frame rail! I just stopped cleaning and haven't looked under there since.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine bought frame paint from scorpion box liner's in town here when he had his old ford
tore down in the bodyshop.He wire wheeled his frame then put this stuf on with a roller.
5 years later I **** you not there isn't one single chip anywhere in the paint on his frame.
That paint wasn't cheap,but man is it awsome.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like a picture of the inside of the frame before jumping to conclusions,.. but if I "were" to guestimate. I would say they attempted their best,.. but your exhaust had already done its damage and their cleaning abilities assisted with your paint flaking problem,.. Not to mention aggressive tires don't play well with cheap, or poor frame paint jobs.

Did you not get the optional frame undercoating(rock guard) when you bought your truck

Top Bottom